Poor Archery Gameplay

Tindelltech

So due to the way the vive cosmos tracks the hand controllers, pretty much every Archery game experience is awful now.  The sniper games are awful as well.  When I go to use the bow or sniper rifle, it loses accurate tracking because i'm so close to my face.  Using the other two HTC VR headsets, this was not an issue. Both were excellent experiences. However, to play archery and use a bow properly, i can't find a way for this to work.   Any suggestions?

Basically it's a deal with it kind of scenario right now.
They do as much as they can software wise due to their tracking method decision, they then push their tracking mod in 2months that will require the MOD, 2 Controllers, 2 Basestations. 

Don't get me wrong, Their software improvements lately have been amazing. But also questionable, Only so much can be done with a hardware limitation. 

Best you can do is make sure your lighting is up to scratch & minimal room reflections to give the cameras a fighting chance. 

Cheers

Edited by HoZy

Before patch 1.8.8 the Archery was truly horrible and unplayable. Now it works for me fine and I would even say good. I play many Archery games like Elven Assasin and Apex Construct - archery works really well. It's not perfect but they will continue fixing it. Maybe there is not enough light in your room or too many "naked" walls.  

@C.T. @stvnxu

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Retsu said:

Before patch 1.8.8 the Archery was truly horrible and unplayable. Now it works for me fine and I would even say good. I play many Archery games like Elven Assasin and Apex Construct - archery works really well. It's not perfect but they will continue fixing it. Maybe there is not enough light in your room or too many "naked" walls.  

@C.T. @stvnxu

How are you aiming the bow and sniper rifles?  I shoot bows in real life. It requires you to draw near your face.  What are you doing that makes the experience better for you?  Also my walls are textured, I have Phillips HUE bulbs on bright.  So is your technique modified? Would you explain the actual body movements you're using please?