Cosmos Public Release 1.0.9.6

C.T.

1 hour ago, HoZy said:

Please adjust your TDR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) delay, from 2seconds to 8seconds. 
Google how to do it for your operating system, It's in your registry.

That error is your display driver crashing because it's not communicating with your GPU during the allocated time, normal for a lot of systems to increase the TDR Delay even for regular games.  

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion @HoZy, however this has not made any difference. 

Can someone from HTC please get back to me? After submitting the info through Vive Console I've received no info back, not even an email acknowledgement of receipt. I had 2 days left on my Christmas break, which I had planned to spend with some quality VR time, and 1 of them has now been spent troubleshooting because I can do nothing with the headset after this update...It was working perfectly before.

Why do you not have a simple rollback option?? Every single hardware device that I own that has the ability to do firmware updates allows you to roll back updates if required. This just seems crazy to me.

35 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Thanks for the suggestion @HoZy, however this has not made any difference. 

Can someone from HTC please get back to me? After submitting the info through Vive Console I've received no info back, not even an email acknowledgement of receipt. I had 2 days left on my Christmas break, which I had planned to spend with some quality VR time, and 1 of them has now been spent troubleshooting because I can do nothing with the headset after this update...It was working perfectly before.

Why do you not have a simple rollback option?? Every single hardware device that I own that has the ability to do firmware updates allows you to roll back updates if required. This just seems crazy to me.

Hey @NikNargon, sorry for the delay.

You have mentioned that you have updated the NV driver to 2080Ti.
Could you try DDU the NV driver and reinstall the latest or roll back to previous working version to see if it helped?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Hey @NikNargon, sorry for the delay.

You have mentioned that you have updated the NV driver to 2080Ti.
Could you try DDU the NV driver and reinstall the latest or roll back to previous working version to see if it helped?

Thanks

Hi @C.T., thanks for getting back to me.

I only updated the NV driver after I started experiencing this problem from the HMD firmware update, so I already had a working NV driver in place when this issue occurred. It was working fine with the previous public release firmware build.

It really feels like something has gone wrong when applying the firmware update to the headset itself. Is there a utility I can use to force it to update the firmware on the HMD again?

31 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Hi @C.T., thanks for getting back to me.

I only updated the NV driver after I started experiencing this problem from the HMD firmware update, so I already had a working NV driver in place when this issue occurred. It was working fine with the previous public release firmware build.

It really feels like something has gone wrong when applying the firmware update to the headset itself. Is there a utility I can use to force it to update the firmware on the HMD again?

I'll PM for further assistance. Thanks  

Just wanted to provide an update for those that might come across this thread. Unfortunately I had to do a clean install of Windows to get things sorted, but good news is everything is working great again with the new firmware installed. Not sure what went wrong when I did the HMD update last night, but obviously something in Windows went astray. Thankfully re-installing Windows is a fairly straight forward process these days so wasn't too bad getting up and running again.

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions trying to help, really appreciate it. And also want to give a shout out to @C.T. to say thanks for being so helpful, and assisting in getting me to the point where I realised something must have gone wrong with Windows. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1