Cosmos Public Release 1.0.9.6

C.T.

41 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Can anyone tell me how I can roll back to the previous firmware version? This update has effectively bricked my device, couldn't seem to find a download on the Cosmos support page.

Sorry but once you update to a final (non-beta) version you cannot roll back.  If you are having issues with the current final version I suggest you uninstall, then reinstall and go through the setup again.  I have had to do this a while back myself and it seemed to fix things.

50 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Can anyone tell me how I can roll back to the previous firmware version? This update has effectively bricked my device, couldn't seem to find a download on the Cosmos support page.

Maybe the Firmware update failed.

Please try the following:
open the console and go to settings->advanced and activate beta program there.

Now there should start the software update again.
Maybe the new installation fixes your issue.

Edited by A-Jey

3 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

@NikNargon

Apologies on the issue you're experiencing. 

1. Can you submit an issue report assuming you can still access the VIVE Console? Instructions can be found here: https://forum.vive.com/topic/6662-how-to-report-issues-through-the-vive-console/

• Make sure your headset is plugged in and your linkbox is on.
  • Please confirm once you've submitted. 

2. Please provide a description of where in the process that you can't get your device to function. E.g. Roomsetup, error message, content load, etc. 

We'll work with you in identifying the issue and getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Hi stvnxu,

You mustn't have seen my previous posts earlier in the thread, I have already submitted through VIVE Console as requested by C.T

Please see posts on previous page for description of issue and screenshot of an error I'm seeing.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Hi stvnxu,

You mustn't have seen my previous posts earlier in the thread, I have already submitted through VIVE Console as requested by C.T

Please see posts on previous page for description of issue and screenshot of an error I'm seeing.

Thanks

Ah ops I see it. Thanks.

Ok, tried the quick step @A-Jey suggested, but still got the same problem (it flicked me over to beta but didn't look like it actually updated anything on the headset - I switched back before performing next step).

Also tried resetting the HMD under troubleshooting in VIVE Console which looked like it did a reinstall of the software (downloaded 1.8G again and reinstalled) and then got me to do the room setup again (which completes successfully). Still same image freezing problem though when anything launches in VR (SteamVR, VivePort and Elite Dangerous).

Every time the display freezes I have a corresponding entry in Windows event viewer about the display driver crashing and recovering:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Does anyone else here on v1.0.9.6 use a 2080ti?

Also just did a complete uninstall and reinstall as @TomCgcmfc suggested - It completes the room setup, then takes me to the tutorial where it freezes after running for 5-10 secs. The image completely freezes, however the audio and inputs are still detected (it was prompting me to press buttons on the controller when the image froze, I pressed them after the freeze and they registered, ie. I heard the tutorial voice confirm the buttons had been pressed).

@C.T. and @stvnxu - Can you please provide me with a link to install the previous firmware? I was having zero issues like this prior to this update. 

4 hours ago, NikNargon said:

Ok, tried the quick step @A-Jey suggested, but still got the same problem (it flicked me over to beta but didn't look like it actually updated anything on the headset - I switched back before performing next step).

Also tried resetting the HMD under troubleshooting in VIVE Console which looked like it did a reinstall of the software (downloaded 1.8G again and reinstalled) and then got me to do the room setup again (which completes successfully). Still same image freezing problem though when anything launches in VR (SteamVR, VivePort and Elite Dangerous).

Every time the display freezes I have a corresponding entry in Windows event viewer about the display driver crashing and recovering:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Does anyone else here on v1.0.9.6 use a 2080ti?

Please adjust your TDR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) delay, from 2seconds to 8seconds. 
Google how to do it for your operating system, It's in your registry.

That error is your display driver crashing because it's not communicating with your GPU during the allocated time, normal for a lot of systems to increase the TDR Delay even for regular games.  

Cheers

@tomCgcmfc and @A-jey I understand you.

Tonton doesn't speak English and French too there is a lot spelling mistakes in his msg. Awesome. it's not constructive !

But try to speak french 😉 we try to speak English every day.

So he is really angry and I understand him. You can't play easily like oculus with a simple FPS.

With time I noticed an uncomfortable sweet spot 😫

Why with 6 cameras the HTC  Cosmos doesn't less than an oculus quest with tracking ???

😉

Steph@ne

• Thanks 1