Cosmos Public Release 1.0.9.6

C.T.

Hey! Thank you for your work! I noticed one weird thing. In the SteamVR Home and Vive Origin controller tracking works much better than in some video games. For example, I can easily put one hand in front of another and move them together - in Origin and Steam Home it easily detects and does not freeze. Meanwhile, in the game Apex Construct if I put 1 hand in front of another - it instantly freezes and looses tracking. It feels like games are using old versions of Cosmos patches and because of this have same errors. I'm not sure since I know nothing how such things works and I might be wrong. But it just feels like it. Because things that are already fixed with Cosmos patches in most games are still present in some of them. Should I give feedback to devs and ask them to update to latest patch of Cosmos support or this does not affect each video game separately? Thank you!

Hi, after applying this update my headset is constantly freezing after about 30 secs or so. The update completed successfully on both headset and controllers, but now whenever anything launches in the headset the display will freeze (have tried SteamVR, VivePort, Elite Dangerous).

I've updated to the latest NVidia graphics drivers (2080ti) as thought that might be the problem, but issue is still there. Any idea why this might be happening? How do I roll back to the old firmware version?

Thanks

Edited by NikNargon

31 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Hi, after applying this update my headset is constantly freezing after about 30 secs or so. The update completed successfully on both headset and controllers, but now whenever anything launches in the headset the display will freeze (have tried SteamVR, VivePort, Elite Dangerous).

I've updated to the latest NVidia graphics drivers (2080ti) as thought that might be the problem, but issue is still there. Any idea why this might be happening? How do I roll back to the old firmware version?

Thanks

Have u tried to reboot the PC after NV update?

Yes I have restarted the PC. As an update in case it helps, I just saw the attached error when launching Elite Dangerous, has just started after the latest update (ie. have been playing on the last few firmware revisions with no problem).

In VivePort I don't see any errors though, will just run for a few seconds and then headset screen freezes.

ViveError.png

9 minutes ago, NikNargon said:

Yes I have restarted the PC. As an update in case it helps, I just saw the attached error when launching Elite Dangerous, has just started after the latest update (ie. have been playing on the last few firmware revisions with no problem).

In VivePort I don't see any errors though, will just run for a few seconds and then headset screen freezes.

ViveError.png

Do u mind submitting an issue report to me via vive console and letting me know when u saw the freezes? Thanks

• C.T. unpinned and unfeatured this topic