Lighthouse compatibility kit

groslala

Hello,

Is there a date for the release of the Cosmos lighthouse compatibility kit?

Could HTC release a "lighthouse only" edition of the Cosmos? That would be great for Vive users like me who just want to upgrade their HMD without having to buy a Cosmos + the compatibility kit.

Thanks

Jérôme 

@stvnxu

On 1/4/2020 at 10:27 AM, groslala said:

Hello,

Is there a date for the release of the Cosmos lighthouse compatibility kit?

Could HTC release a "lighthouse only" edition of the Cosmos? That would be great for Vive users like me who just want to upgrade their HMD without having to buy a Cosmos + the compatibility kit.

Thanks

Jérôme 

@stvnxu

@groslala

We're still anticipating a Q1 2020 launch for Cosmo's External Tracking faceplate. We'll have launch details out there very soon.

Can you please do a package that includes 2 lighthouses and controllers too?

I want a convenient way to buy the faceplate with the rest of the necessary item since I do not own an original vive.

And while you're at it, make a light house controller similar to the cosmos because economically it is WAY better than the original controllers.

I guess HTC will have many request like these.

I don't want to pay more for Cosmos controllers, as I already have very good (Index) controllers for my Vive, or for the original faceplate that would be useless for me. On the other hand some people like Hooflee will need basestations...

It would be nice to offer the possibility to order only what you need, like Valve did with the Index. HTC could sell a "naked" version of the Cosmos, with different faceplates, controllers and basestations options. Cosmos is a great HMD because it offers many options, but it is rather expensive and I think customers would be happy not having to pay more for useless features, but just for what they need.

• Thanks 1