Cover Pad

A-Jey

56 minutes ago, HoZy said:

I've got these, Definitely not as thick as the OEM Foam. 

But they moved me into the sweet spot and are super comfortable. (About 8hours use so far)

Squish them a few times. 

Cheers

Vive_Coverpad.jpg

Ill give it another try with that method. Cheers

• Like 1

After squishing them a bit it did feel a bit better, Still not as supported as the oem foam but you are correct i do find these to be more comfortable and it does bring you closer to the sweet spot, unfortunately it does let in a bit more light, but meh im not that bothered by it.

• Like 2

one thing i have noticed that helps with the nose flap light leak is if you swap the flaps around, as having the right flap ontop of the left flap i have found little to no gap out to the real world when looking down with just your eyes. (it may be in conjunction with the custom face pad too

20 hours ago, hamez88 said:

one thing i have noticed that helps with the nose flap light leak is if you swap the flaps around, as having the right flap ontop of the left flap i have found little to no gap out to the real world when looking down with just your eyes. (it may be in conjunction with the custom face pad too

This is interesting as I got my right flap on top of the left and I can't  remember that I changed this at some point.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, A-Jey said:

This is interesting as I got my right flap on top of the left and I can't  remember that I changed this at some point.

i cant remember what way it comes out of the factory but playing around with it a bit more the right flap ontop is better, also it does collect stuff between the flaps were they lay ontop of each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:18 PM, Retsu said:

Thank you! I will definitely buy one for my Cosmos! Are there any other "must have" mods for cosmos? My current problem that I don't have save space to keep my Cosmos at. I keep on the table. Is there any "mask holders" or cases for it that you would recommend?  Also I want this lens mod. Is it hard to install? 

Noticed you never got an answer to your Holder or Case, Personally I would love a holder for it that was moulded (most people use a peg !!!!! )
my mate did say he got a 3D printer for Christmas !!! time to abuse his good nature I think 😄

But anyway ..... due to 4 kids in the house I wasnt happy leaving ours out in the open.
I got this case - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082PWYW9F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the only thing that bugs me is the moulded feet on the case are on the lid !?!?!?! so it was dumb design descision but the case is perfect; cheap and sturdy.
p.s. I am not affiliated with the product outside of owning one.

Per storage options, I recommend 15qt Sterilite latch-view containers. They fit every HMD I've personally ever tried - are stackable, and most importantly they'll keep moisture and dust away from the HMD while in storage. Every single one of my HMDs lives in a 15qt Sterilite and it's been core to my organization strategy.