Jump to content
 
A-Jey

Cover Pad

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Heya folks.

I ordered these cover pads for my headset as I didn't like that wet feel of the original foam when you're sweatening as you you can't just dry it that easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274097513883

Those are super cheap and much thinner.
So you get nearer to the lenses which results in greater fov.

Also you can just wipe the sweat away with ease.

Only downside is, that maybe some light gets through the sides now but I gotta say that I really don't notice that when gaming.

It's definetily worth a try.

 

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks A-Jey for sharing!!! Didn't know these existed already.

Super helpful.

All the best,
Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers just ordered one for the same reasons. Will take like a month to get it though.

 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, sphinckoma said:

My Cosmos with Lens and Cover Mod. 🙂

IMG_20200102_220755.jpg

How is the lens mod, been looking into it and wondering if its worth it. One thing i have noticed is the lesn's are smaller, would that impede FOV. And how good is the sweet spot exactly, some ebay places are saying the whole lens is the sweet spot and 100% no godrays ect. Yet youtube shows that the sweet spot is about twice as big as the regular (showing it through the camera)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hamez88 said:

Cheers just ordered one for the same reasons. Will take like a month to get it though.

 

How is the lens mod, been looking into it and wondering if its worth it. One thing i have noticed is the lesn's are smaller, would that impede FOV. And how good is the sweet spot exactly, some ebay places are saying the whole lens is the sweet spot and 100% no godrays ect. Yet youtube shows that the sweet spot is about twice as big as the regular (showing it through the camera)

1.FOV is approximately the same.With the new Cover Pad the distance to the lenses are lower,it balances out.I have the same Mod on my Vive Pro,same result.

The FOV is still small on all HMD's on the market except the Pimax,their SweetSpot is superb.

2.SweetSpot covers 95% of the area,5% of the very outer lens area are still slightly blurry like the original fresnel lenses.

3.NO Godrays and Lensflare!

Is the conversion worth it?

In my opinion,

YES! 100%.

If you want the biggest FOV,go with Pimax.

5k+,on second picture. 😉

If you want one of the best LCD Displays,go with Cosmos.

Cosmos shines in three categories:

less ScreenDoorEffect and higher PixelDensity,

wireless option,

coming lighthouse FrontPlate Mod.

Still best Comfort right ou the box: Vive Pro (AMOLED Display).👍🙂

 

IMG_20200105_082059.jpg

IMG_20200105_082929.jpg

IMG_20200105_084447.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I will definitely buy one for my Cosmos! Are there any other "must have" mods for cosmos? My current problem that I don't have save space to keep my Cosmos at. I keep on the table. Is there any "mask holders" or cases for it that you would recommend?  Also I want this lens mod. Is it hard to install? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Retsu said:

Thank you! I will definitely buy one for my Cosmos! Are there any other "must have" mods for cosmos? My current problem that I don't have save space to keep my Cosmos at. I keep on the table. Is there any "mask holders" or cases for it that you would recommend?  Also I want this lens mod. Is it hard to install? 

It's a little bit tricky to install the Lens Mod.

And you loose your warranty!

Keep this in mind.

Here are a good video about the Mod:

You need:

1. Samsung Gear VR Lenses (black version)

2. 3D printed Lens Adapters.(see Thingverse Link in Videodescription)

PS: i didn't need any Distortion File for the Cosmos.All fine. ☺️

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, A-Jey said:

Heya folks.

I ordered these cover pads for my headset as I didn't like that wet feel of the original foam when you're sweatening as you you can't just dry it that easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274097513883

Those are super cheap and much thinner.
So you get nearer to the lenses which results in greater fov.

Also you can just wipe the sweat away with ease.

Only downside is, that maybe some light gets through the sides now but I gotta say that I really don't notice that when gaming.

It's definetily worth a try.

 

I just got mine now, dont know if its defective but it is most definetily not as thick as it in the picture, the head set does not sit on my face anymore and without the support of it sitting on my face it wobbles alot. If it was the proper product its a swing and miss for sure. Lucky it was cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got these, Definitely not as thick as the OEM Foam. 

But they moved me into the sweet spot and are super comfortable. (About 8hours use so far)

Squish them a few times. 

Cheers

Vive_Coverpad.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...