HELP Cosmo 220 DP has compatibility issiues HDCP Error

VAR Systems

Laptop: MSI GP73 Leopard
GHX Card: Nvidia GTX 1060
Ram: 32GB
Outlets: HDMI, mDP, USB-C

So I get the COSMO, ordered a mDP to DP convertor and the first day it worked great with the software I use for VR. Well, during install Vive prompts me to install the "latest" graphic card update for better performance. So I do it that night and then the next day stops working and gives me error code (220). I have flashed bios, I have down graded back to the other version of my graphic card, I uninstalled and reinstalled SteamVR/HTC Vive and I went out and bought a mDP to mDP cord and still none of it works.

Can anyone with knowledge on running a COSMO with a MSI Laptop help me out?

Attached is System Report from SteamVR. Thank you much appreciated.

SteamVR-2019-12-31-PM_03_06_11.txt

Known problem with MSI laptops. You need to contact MSI Support and ask them for an updated VBIOS (Video BIOS) for your onboard NVidia card. This will take some time currently due to the season. Until then you can try using an older driver that works with your current VBIOS which I think is 417.71.

4 hours ago, VAR Systems said:

Hey T, I did update the latest bios for msi. I tried 417 and htc said I needed to update graphic card and wouldn't work. I tried 439 and it still gave me 220 error. Does anyone know the right version that will work?

It's the VBIOS you have to request from MSI. after vbios updated, you should be able to use the latest NV driver as 441.xx

let me know if you still get the error 220 

• 7 months later...

I have an ALienware M15R2 that receives the HTC DP incompatibility error, and neither nVidia, hTC nor Alienware are aware how to fix it?  I have updated all drivers and reinstalled all software multiple times.  Has anyone else ran in to this and obtained a fix?

3 hours ago, JasVas said:

I have an ALienware M15R2 that receives the HTC DP incompatibility error, and neither nVidia, hTC nor Alienware are aware how to fix it?  I have updated all drivers and reinstalled all software multiple times.  Has anyone else ran in to this and obtained a fix?

Make sure your Nvidia driver is not in 451.48/451.67/446.1 version which will cause HDCP error.

• Thanks 1