Compatibility and connection MiniDisplayPort problem (on an MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RF)

Zerax

2 hours ago, Arek said:

a moze da sie podlaczyc  Konwerter Mini DP do HDMI aktywny

You'll need a miniDP to miniDP cable. There are no HMDI adapters or active converters that will work. But in the case above, it's related to the MSI vbios update. 

On 12/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, Zerax said:

Compatibility and connection MiniDisplayPort problem (on an MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RF)

Hello, I have a problem, it is impossible to connect my cosmos to my laptop pc with a DP to MiniDP adapter, (my laptop pc only has the connection). Unable to use, the headset is in "standby" with an error message: "220: The DisplayPort connection has a compatibility problem (HDCP error).", But sometimes also a message "006: The DisplayPort connection n 'is not stable ". I can't find the problem I updated everything (USB drivers and graphics drivers). My adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Rankie-Adaptateur-Mini-DisplayPort-vers/dp/B00YOVKWQS/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=DP+mini+dp&qid=1576944113&sr=8-7

I also tried with a MiniDP to MiniDP cable but it did not work either, but it was not 4K certified so I thought the problem came from there but it is apparently not the case ...

I ask you suddenly your help because I really do not know how to make it work on my laptop (also, my cosmos works on a desktop computer).
Thanks for reading and trying to help me!

I am French (this explains my writing)

Were you able to get the updated vbios from MSI? In the meantime, you can roll back to the older NVIDIA driver version 417.xx which should work until you are able to update the bios. 

22 hours ago, Jad said:

Were you able to get the updated vbios from MSI? In the meantime, you can roll back to the older NVIDIA driver version 417.xx which should work until you are able to update the bios. 

Good evening, I really have trouble contacting customer service / support, they made a very complicated system with an "MSI Desk Help", except that it asks me for a 5-digit encryption code that I do not have ... So if you have another simpler way to contact them or else I'll see with what you told me "the old version of the NVIDIA 4 driver 17.xx". I keep you posted (I posted a request on their forum but no response after 48 hours .... (I have a GTX 1070) .

Edited by Zerax

On 12/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jad said:

You'll need a miniDP to miniDP cable. There are no HMDI adapters or active converters that will work. But in the case above, it's related to the MSI vbios update. 

@Arek

Translated for your language:

Potrzebny będzie kabel miniDP na miniDP. Nie ma adapterów HMDI ani aktywnych konwerterów, które działałyby. Ale w powyższym przypadku jest to związane z aktualizacją vbios MSI.