Jump to content
 
HUYA

Problem with base station 2.0

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

I am having problems with our VR Setup since we ordered the base stations 2.0. I know that our gear could be incompatible from this https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-pro/category_howto/which-vive-hardware-are-compatible-with-base-stations.html

But I don't know how to determine what hardware versions we have. I created a system report with one Controller and one Tracker connected:

For our game we use 4 Trackers + 4 Dongles
For the room setup a Vive Controller.

Thanks for your help!

Device 2 - LHR-FFE59F44 Controller Vive. Controller MV HTC
Device Path:    /devices/htc/vive_controllerLHR-FFE59F44
Best Alias:    /user/hand/right
Firmware:     1533720215 htcvrsoftware@firmware-win32 2018-08-08 FPGA 262(1.6/0/0) BL 0 VRC 1533720214 Radio 1532585738
Hardware Revision:     product 129 rev 1.5.0 lot 2000/0/0 0
Hardware Id:     0x81010500
Watchman Firmware:     1533720215 / 0 (2018-08-08)
Watchman FPGA:     262 / 262 (1.6)
VRC Version:     1533720214 / 1533720214 (2018-08-08)
Radio Version:     1532585738 / 1532585738 (2018-07-26)
Dongle Version:     1461100729 / 1461100729 (2016-04-19)
Attached Device ID:     
Supported Buttons:    0
Axis 0 Type:    1
Axis 1 Type:    3
Axis 2 Type:    0
Axis 3 Type:    0
Axis 4 Type:    0
Connected Dongle:    2E9E0E8D81 Version: Unknown Version

Device 3 - LHR-B0D7F2D6 Tracker VIVE Tracker Pro MV HTC
Device Path:    /devices/htc/vive_trackerLHR-B0D7F2D6
Best Alias:    /user/hand/left
Firmware:     1541806442 RUNNER-WATCHMAN$runner-watchman@runner-watchman 2018-11-10 FPGA 531(2.19/7/2) BL 0 VRC 1541806442 Radio 1518811657
Hardware Revision:     product 132 rev 2.0.6 lot 2000/0/0 0
Hardware Id:     0x84020006
Watchman Firmware:     1541806442 / 0 (2018-11-10)
Watchman FPGA:     531 / 531 (2.19)
VRC Version:     1541806442 / 1541806442 (2018-11-10)
Radio Version:     1518811657 / 1518811657 (2018-02-16)
Dongle Version:     1461100729 / 0 (2016-04-19)
Attached Device ID:     
Supported Buttons:    0
Axis 0 Type:    0
Axis 1 Type:    0
Axis 2 Type:    0
Axis 3 Type:    0
Axis 4 Type:    0
Connected Dongle:    42BD820598 Version: Unknown Version

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @HUYA

I've started a support ticket on your behalf so this can be looked into by our Customer Care team. They will respond to the email address that you have listed here on the forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HUYA,  There is a visual indicator scheme:

If the Vive controller is black, it's SteamVR 1.0 sensor enabled gear and can't detect 2.0 basestation signaling.

If the controller is blue, it is SteamVR 2.0 sensor enabled gear and it can accept signals from both 1.0 and 2.0 basestations.

If a Vive tracker's logo is blue it's 2.0 enabled, if it is grey/black it is 1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 7:00 AM, VibrantNebula said:

@HUYA,  There is a visual indicator scheme:

If the Vive controller is black, it's SteamVR 1.0 sensor enabled gear and can't detect 2.0 basestation signaling.

If the controller is blue, it is SteamVR 2.0 sensor enabled gear and it can accept signals from both 1.0 and 2.0 basestations.

If a Vive tracker's logo is blue it's 2.0 enabled, if it is grey/black it is 1.0

Thanks for the advice! 🙂

If it's ok, I'd like to follow up with another question regarding the base stations. The new gear arrived, but there are still some issues.

Currently, I have the problem that only one base station is showing in SteamVR. Both are mounted correctly and have the green light.

I don't know if its becuase they are both on channel 1, but since there is no button to switch the channels, I am stuck. Because the bluetooth option is not working on our PC. Is there an alternative way to switch the channels of the base stations?

 

photo_2019-12-16_11-30-13.jpg

photo_2019-12-16_11-30-14.jpg

photo_2019-12-16_11-30-12.jpg

photo_2019-12-16_11-30-08.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HUYA , there is a whole section on Vive Pro support on setting up base stations.  With and without Bluetooth.  Also, how to change channels.  Have a look at this link;

https://www.vive.com/ca/support/vive-pro-hmd/category_howto/updating-the-base-stations-via-cable-connection.html

There is also a manual you can download that explains all this this very well.

https://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Vive_HMD/User_Guide/VIVE_Pro_HMD_User_Guide.pdf

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

@HUYA , there is a whole section on Vive Pro support on setting up base stations.  With and without Bluetooth.  Also, how to change channels.  Have a look at this link;

https://www.vive.com/ca/support/vive-pro-hmd/category_howto/updating-the-base-stations-via-cable-connection.html

There is also a manual you can download that explains all this this very well.

https://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Vive_HMD/User_Guide/VIVE_Pro_HMD_User_Guide.pdf

 

 

Thanks for the advice!

My problem is, that I am dealing with the base stations 2.0, they have no channel button and there is no good documentation online how to troubleshoot special scenarios 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HUYA said:

Thanks for the advice!

My problem is, that I am dealing with the base stations 2.0, they have no channel button and there is no good documentation online how to troubleshoot special scenarios 😄

I believe there is a small hole at the back that you can press with a paper clip to change channels.  This change should show up in SteamVR when you hover your mouse over the base stations icons.

You may want to google something like; changing valve 2.0 base station channels without Bluetooth.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HUYA also I just checked my 2.0 base station channels by hovering my mouse over each base station icon. One is channel 1, the other is channel 2.  Both are working fine.  I did use Bluetooth to set them up and update firmware.  Sorry but since they are well positioned and setup I’m not prepared to rip them off my walls to try manually changing channels, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomCgcmfc said:

I believe there is a small hole at the back that you can press with a paper clip to change channels.

YOU ARE MY PERSONAL HERO OF THE DAY! IT WORKS! ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, glad this helped.  Kinda hard to believe that there isn't a proper Vive Pro Full kit (w/2.0 base stations) manual out there yet.  I gotta say that before you queried this, and I researched it a bit, I was in the dark with my 2.0 base stations as well.  So your thread helped me as well.  Cheers mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...