Lighthouse / IR filter

Electron

Hello the Community,

I'm looking for informations about the lighthouse's behavior and the IR filter (on the windows glasses).

What is the wave length of the IR used in the Lighthouse ?

What is the handling to setup on the windows glasses to allow a good tracking ?

Thank you for the futur help 😉

Alex.

@VibrantNebula

@Electron I unfortunately don't understand this question fully - there may be a language barrier here? What do you mean on "the windows glasses" - do you mean Windows Mixed Reality HMDs are are you talking about the IR windows over the sensors on a SteamVR HMD.

The lighthouse system works on ~850nm near IR (I believe you'd spec ~825-870nM transparency in your material selection).

This is the most detailed public explanation of how basestation tracking works - I recommend anybody working with SteamVR tracking to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ZytcYANTA  (@TomCgcmfc you'd probably find this interesting)

On 12/10/2019 at 4:25 AM, VibrantNebula said:

@Electron I unfortunately don't understand this question fully - there may be a language barrier here? What do you mean on "the windows glasses" - do you mean Windows Mixed Reality HMDs are are you talking about the IR windows over the sensors on a SteamVR HMD.

The lighthouse system works on ~850nm near IR (I believe you'd spec ~825-870nM transparency in your material selection).

This is the most detailed public explanation of how basestation tracking works - I recommend anybody working with SteamVR tracking to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ZytcYANTA  (@TomCgcmfc you'd probably find this interesting)

Thank you @VibrantNebula about you help. I meant the windows in a house ;)

34 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Is there any way you can set your base stations to not face the windows directly? I know of some users who cover their windows with a thin blanks or sheet of felt to block out their windows when playing. It helps with the interference from the outside lighting. 

Thank you about this answer but no, I can't.

The problem isn't the outside lighting but the bounce of IR from Lighthouse.

I'm looking for any information with the use of lighthouse in a room with plexiglass. Does the deflection is similar between plexiglass and pane ?

Thank you