Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Public Release 1.0.8.8

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ptipsecurity said:

Very good points, also mid body tracking left and right are not consistant. But that is the strange about the Cosmos, i you play for a long time it looks like the 6 camera's are sometimes not working. The move i made 20 minutes ago without problems, the same move is now way off . 

After talking to vive support i do not have high hopes the Cosmos is still a priority for them. I hope i am wrong, but the last few weeks every week a big update and now a very small and not even some improvements.

Until now i did not tell anybody not to buy the Cosmos, but if things are not changing very fast i will advice to all friends and clients, do not buy the Cosmos. 

Reassurances have been few lately and I am pretty sure they are now riding out the waves until the basestation tracking module comes along. You can tell this was the case the first time they said 'inside out tracking will never be as good as base station tracking'.

So where was this mentioned in the pre-sales literature for people upgrading from the OG Vive? Even a small writing starred comment at the bottom would have been nice.

My chances of this getting decent inside out tracking are now personally estimated at 1%. That will probably be if they get an engineer who has experience with this stuff and knows how to use RGB cameras in this respect At the moment, the Cosmos seems like a weekend project they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why develop a headset with 6 RGB camera's if you have no intension of making good use of them ? I have not enough knowledge about AR but could it be that Vive is already preparing this headset for AR use also.

If this headset only works perfectly with an upcomming basestation ( which is sold seperatly i presume) HTC Vive will know a lawsuit is around the corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lamyipming said:

I just hope we can get a major tracking improvement before Christmas. Sigh...

They won't. You can't fix broken hardware with software. That's why 1.0.8.8 was nothing major. Because there is nothing else they can do. They now making external faceplate to fix the tracking - that we will have to buy separately. And judging on how much the wireless kit cost - the faceplate will cost around 300-500 euros (the price of the Oculust Rift S by this point). This is just one big mess that awaiting lawsuit from all the customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Retsu said:

They won't. You can't fix broken hardware with software. That's why 1.0.8.8 was nothing major. Because there is nothing else they can do. They now making external faceplate to fix the tracking - that we will have to buy separately. And judging on how much the wireless kit cost - the faceplate will cost around 300-500 euros (the price of the Oculust Rift S by this point). This is just one big mess that awaiting lawsuit from all the customers.

2 comments, both bashing... very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A-Jey said:

2 comments, both bashing... very helpful.

Everyone, including you and me, needs to rant/vent once in a while imho.  I'm still hopeful that Vive will sort this out with further software/firmware updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Everyone, including you and me, needs to rant/vent once in a while imho.  I'm still hopeful that Vive will sort this out with further software/firmware updates.

1 comment, 1 post and in both I only read of broken hardware...

I don't want to be compared to that. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-Jey said:

1 comment, 1 post and in both I only read of broken hardware...

I don't want to be compared to that. Thanks.

First of all, stop virtue signaling. I've read through your comments and in literally each one, you blindly defend everything HTC did. By this point I'm not sure if you are actual person or just forum bot. Secondly, so far thousands of people, customers  and reviewers agree with my statement, that HTC sold broken product. Not even Rift S was this broken on release as far as I checked. But who cares when people like you will defend them to the last breath. Anyway, I won't waste my time having forum argument. Time will tell who is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Retsu said:

First of all, stop virtue signaling. I've read through your comments and in literally each one, you blindly defend everything HTC did. By this point I'm not sure if you are actual person or just forum bot. Secondly, so far thousands of people, customers  and reviewers agree with my statement, that HTC sold broken product. Not even Rift S was this broken on release as far as I checked. But who cares when people like you will defend them to the last breath. Anyway, I won't waste my time having forum argument. Time will tell who is wrong.

You very likely didn't read deep enough...

I'm more critical than you think but I'm far away from talking about a broken hardware, that's all...
 



Don't you have an option to send back your headset?
I got but I decided not to.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just see it that way: I got a just released product which needs to be optimized.

I have two options:

• ranting
• helping to get things better

That was an easy decision.

I did that long video for upload here.
Also two more videos for issue report
And in addition I sent in 3 different issue reports to help with the data.

All in hope to get a better tracking experience.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...