Jump to content
 
C.T.

Cosmos Public Release 1.0.8.8

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

My problem with that is new users getting into VR:

Cosmos: 935.00 CAD
Faceplate: 350.00 CAD
Base stations: 2x 190.00 CAD = 380.00 CAD
Knuckle controllers:  (Cause the cosmos ones won't work with base tracking, and god no vive wands)  420.00 CAD

Seriously? thats 2085.00 CAD , for everything, and thats NOT getting me a high end VR setup,  where I can get the Index for 1400.00, and that comes with everything,  even the Vive pro kit for 1399.00 CAD isn't worth it, you guys are not making this VR experience consumer friendly, its still overpriced like when the vive pro came out.  I might have to refuse my delivery of my cosmos when it comes this week and have it returned.

Ya, if you are a newbie VR user and can afford it (including a high end gaming PC) I'd actually recommend you buy a Vive Pro full kit w/2x 2.0 base stations/controllers right now and monitor the Cosmos evolution (which should end up looking pretty good imho).  Maybe look at the Valve Index controllers later, once the bugs on these are sorted out or Vive comes out with better ones..  I'd recommend this over the Index because of the Vive Wireless option, which works very well imho.

If you cannot afford to get a high end gaming PC (i7 9700k water cooled, gtx1080ti, 16gb 3000 ram, 1 tb ssd, 4tb hdd, all or better), then you are probably best to just buy a standalone like the Oculus Quest for now imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, if you are a newbie VR user and can afford it (including a high end gaming PC) I'd actually recommend you buy a Vive Pro full kit w/2x 2.0 base stations/controllers right now and monitor the Cosmos evolution (which should end up looking pretty good imho).  Maybe look at the Valve Index controllers later, once the bugs on these are sorted out or Vive comes out with better ones..  I'd recommend this over the Index because of the Vive Wireless option, which works very well imho.

If you cannot afford to get a high end gaming PC (i7 9700k water cooled, gtx1080ti, 16gb 3000 ram, 1 tb ssd, 4tb hdd, all or better), then you are probably best to just buy a standalone like the Oculus Quest for now imho.

I have a RTX 2080, i5 8600k, 32 GB ram, so I think I fall on the end of high gaming, I'm actually going to just return the cosmos and get a Index, the value for dollar just isn't here, and I doubt HTC has any intention on budging on its prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

I have a RTX 2080, i5 8600k, 32 GB ram, so I think I fall on the end of high gaming, I'm actually going to just return the cosmos and get a Index, the value for dollar just isn't here, and I doubt HTC has any intention on budging on its prices.

You probably are not high end as you can get, lol!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the point what a 4tb hdd got to do with a high end gaming pc 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, A-Jey said:

I don't get the point what a 4tb hdd got to do with a high end gaming pc 😜

Just a good place to store all your VR games and other things   Most do not require much disk activity except for loading so a good large hdd is a good economic way to go imho.

Edited by TomCgcmfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Just a good place to store all your VR games and other things   Most do not require much disk activity except for loading so a good large hdd is a good economic way to go imho.

If you go high end you won't go for a hdd any more.
And as main drive you optimally go for NVMe M.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, A-Jey said:

If you go high end you won't go for a hdd any more.
And as main drive you optimally go for NVMe M.2

Ya, I have 1tb ssd main drive.  My 4tb hdd is mainly just for data.  This is a well balanced way to go imho.

Edit; I think we are getting a bit off topic, lol!

Edited by TomCgcmfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My priority for future updates:

1) Controller tracking wobble. When holding a controller still, the virtual controller should stay still too. This wobble even happens when the glowing controller ring is in clear view. What I do NOT want to see as a "fix" is reducing movement sensitivity, as when I move the controller a little bit (say, to aim a gun better), I need the controller to track that accurately.

2) Reset seated position. This is a highly requested feature still missing.

3) Allow the boundary lines to be completely invisible through the Lens configuration. Do not cap it at 15. If we are setting it to zero, we have a good reason (probably because we are sitting).

4) Improve frame rate compensation <90 FPS. Far too many artifacts in the current system.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good points, also mid body tracking left and right are not consistant. But that is the strange about the Cosmos, i you play for a long time it looks like the 6 camera's are sometimes not working. The move i made 20 minutes ago without problems, the same move is now way off . 

After talking to vive support i do not have high hopes the Cosmos is still a priority for them. I hope i am wrong, but the last few weeks every week a big update and now a very small and not even some improvements.

Until now i did not tell anybody not to buy the Cosmos, but if things are not changing very fast i will advice to all friends and clients, do not buy the Cosmos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...