Beta_Tester

Noisy Fan

I got my Cosmos earlier this week and it is generally an amazing device. However I find the headset fan noisy & distracting. Others have reported an issue when starting the headset up, but the fan in my unit doesn't appear to slow down & is very noticeable in quiet games etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You must be kidding?  I cannot even hear the headset fan over my PC fans, lol!  Maybe click the headphones over your ears and I doubt you will hear the headset fan.

@Beta_Tester Ditto on this - I haven't seen a report of a noisy fan on Cosmos; we specifically sourced a specialized fan that's extremely quite. I didn't even realize Cosmos had a fan until a pretty late stage because I never heard it in the early test units. If you're hearing the fan - I'd recommend contacting support. Sending you a PM of who to message.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 5:13 AM, VibrantNebula said:

@Beta_Tester Ditto on this - I haven't seen a report of a noisy fan on Cosmos; we specifically sourced a specialized fan that's extremely quite. I didn't even realize Cosmos had a fan until a pretty late stage because I never heard it in the early test units. If you're hearing the fan - I'd recommend contacting support. Sending you a PM of who to message.

Hi @VibrantNebula - not seen a PM from yourself yet. Just for reference here is a recording of the fan spinning up.

Thanks,

Mark.Cosmos Fan 3.wav

44 minutes ago, Beta_Tester said:

Hi @VibrantNebula - not seen a PM from yourself yet. Just for reference here is a recording of the fan spinning up.

Thanks,

Mark.Cosmos Fan 3.wav

Well, at least you know it's working, lol!

If you think there might be a problem with yours contact Vive Support and start a ticket.

18 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Well, at least you know it's working, lol!

If you think there might be a problem with yours contact Vive Support and start a ticket.

I compared the noise to my Focus Plus fan, and found that the Cosmos fan is so much louder. Contacted Vive Support, and they are creating a return request for a full refund (it was only purchased last week).

@stvnxu

I got my Cosmos this week - didn't notice the fan on the 1st day, but now, it can be quite irritating!

It gets worse when I move my head causing gyroscopic type force on the fan, changing the sound as I go.

Is there anything I can do to try fix this myself?

@C.T. @stvnxu

On 12/11/2019 at 1:14 AM, Beta_Tester said:

Thanks,

Mark.Cosmos Fan 3.wav

Depressing - mine sounds much like that :(

I think the fan noise is OK and if I´m in game with headphones a can´t almost hear the fan. Bigger problem for comfort playing is the heat. After one hour the front of headset is really hot and my head is on fire. @C.T. @stvnxu

Think mine is a bit worse than it's meant to be. Especially when I move my head.

Getting into playing more and trying to get 'used' to it, but finding it hard to ignore! Will give it a few more days before I contract support..... I sure aint gonna be giving my headset to them while we're in lock-down though!