HTC VIVE Display Screen suddenly stops working

Lapras

So, let me start this off by saying that my VIVE has been working fine for three months. I started experiencing issues two days ago, when movement would cause the LED display to go black on the VIVE, but the game and tracking would run fine. Yesterday, the VIVE now refuses to display anything at all, while the game plays out on the monitor via steamVR view perfectly fine. I'm using a standard HTC VIVE, with an AMD processor and a GIGABYTE RTX 2070.

I have tried the following

-Unplugging and plugging every wire both on my computer, on the link box, and on the HMD

-updating NVIDIA drivers (ver.441.41)

-changing steamVR into direct mode, no effect, I've changed this multiple times

-updating VIVEPORT

-using steamVRs "reset headset" and "remove all USB devices

Attached are multiple system reports over multiple attempts to get the HMD to work, with nothing working. Please help I'm desperate.

SteamVR-2019-12-02-PM_06_42_46.txt SteamVR-2019-12-02-PM_10_32_51.txt SteamVR-2019-12-03-PM_09_49_44.txt SteamVR-2019-12-03-PM_09_50_26.txt SteamVR-2019-12-03-PM_09_53_29.txt

Hi @Lapras (Singing Pokemon theme in my head)

Thanks for all of the information you have provided here in your post. I am generating a support ticket for you with the email address you have listed here on your forum account. This ticket will link to your post here so our Customer Care agent will be able to get caught up on the situation. You will receive a response soon. 

On 12/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, SuperNikoPower said:

Hi @Lapras (Singing Pokemon theme in my head)

Thanks for all of the information you have provided here in your post. I am generating a support ticket for you with the email address you have listed here on your forum account. This ticket will link to your post here so our Customer Care agent will be able to get caught up on the situation. You will receive a response soon. 

Just wanted to check in on the support ticket, is there anything you need me to do, I haven't heard from VIVE yet.

@jagibson

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have exactly the same situation as Lapras.

My Vive Pro headset stops working every few seconds (screen turning grey).

I have tried:

-Unplugging and plugging every wire both on my computer, on the link box, and on the HMD

-updating NVIDIA drivers (latest version)

-changing steamVR into direct mode

-updating VIVEPORT, as well as each and every driver on the computer

-using steamVRs "reset headset" and "remove all USB devices

so far, no improvment. Please advise.

Many thanks

• 3 months later...