• Refined the tracking indication timing during room setup
  • Controller
    • Improved tracking of punching movement in boxing games
    • Optimized tracking of throwing actions

[Runtime] 

• Fixed IPD display no showing up during tracking indication
  • Fixed GPU memory leak

[Vive Console] 

• (BETA) Added support for “Performance Priority mode” in Settings/Video to improve headset display experience
  • Rename executable file to prevent a bug where “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” wouldn't run due to a filename keyword filter.

[Room Setup] 

• Updated localization strings for resetting room setup and adjusting the headphone position.
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

• Rename executable file to prevent a bug where “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” wouldn't run due to a filename keyword filter.

Ummm what...... like how on earth does Call of duty have anything to do with the cosmos in any form or matter, or am i missing that there is a cod vr game or something...

Other then that, i look forward to either trying out the changes or reading on Phoot thinks about them

VIVE COSMOS console would block the initial loading of COD MW forcing you to boot into safe mode or turn OFF the VIVE console within the system tray.

Vive Cosmos tracking still sucks and there is still no Reset view/re-center view option.  

I just tried this beta and I hate to say it but it's certainly not any better (actually maybe a little worse) with bow and arrow games (eg. Lab Longbow) or slingshot games (eg. Angry Birds).  Both of these are now unplayable.  Tracking with the magic marker in Origin does seem a little better though and I never saw any low light warnings. 

I did notice one minor problem.  When I double click the left controller Vive button to go into the steam menu to exit a steamvr game then click on it again to go back to the Vive Void, the bottom steam menu bar remains in the background.

No significant tracking improvements since 1.0.7.1 imho.  I really wish I could get my hands on the new Steam Faceplate module so I can just use my 2x 2.0 base stations and Vive controllers.  Unfortunately this does not look like it's going to be available for a few months.

I'll try this again tomorrow  morning with a little brighter lighting conditions and see if I get a better result.

Edited by TomCgcmfc
  • Like 1

First, I want to say thank you for continuing to update this device. I know there is a ton of negativity, but all we really want to see is this device live up to its potential. Keep the updates coming, please. I kept this Cosmos device and I'm trying it out as my primary VR headset.

I definitely notice the reduced jitter on the user interface. This makes the headset tracking appear more solid.

I enabled the "performance priority" mode, but not sure exactly what it does. Why wouldn't we always want this enabled? I always want to reduce processing overhead!

Hard to tell if tracking has actually improved. There are many different things to test with the controllers and some things might be better (and hopefully others are not worse). I notice the worst tracking when I rotate my wrists away from the headset, so the cameras see less of the ring (but still enough where you'd expect tracking to still work). Oddly enough, the virtual hand came into my face when I rotated my wrist away from the cameras (while my hand was still outstretched).

I think the two biggest areas of tracking improvement needed are:

1) Detecting tracking position accurately when less of the visible ring is available (either by wrist rotation or mild occlusion).

2) Smoother exit and entry from camera views.

Another smaller issue: the IPD popup appears sometimes when moving your head... like it is a bit too sensitive. I'd make it require more IPD movement before making the popup appear.

• Like 2

@Phr00t Good eye on the new performance priority option, thanks.  I tried it and did not notice any difference.  I also tried all this again this morning under brighter lighting and this did not make any difference compared to last night.  So, maybe this beta is a little less light sensitive = a good thing.  

My IPD adjuster does not seem too sensitive like yours.  I need to turn it quite a bit to get it to display.  At least now it stays on a little longer so I can fine-tune it better.  

• Like 1

My first test:

There's less jitter.

Tracking succeeded again a bit.
In Beat Saber I was able to beat my score of the posted video in last beta thread because I was able to do full swings.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1926790655

So this is again a step into the right direction.

Turning wrists by 180° still isn't working, I haven't tried 90° or the other tests of my video in last beta thread yet.

One big point for fixing memory leak,
I played with very low settings and very small desktop window on my second pc (as you can see on screenshot above) because the game crashed otherwise.

After the update and my small Beat Saber test I changed settings to best and changed desktop window to 720p and it worked great now.
Thanks for that.

Oh and no low light message under my room conditions (same as on video of last beta thread).

Will continue testing and HTC, you will continue to succeed on this.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, hamez88 said:

Ummm what...... like how on earth does Call of duty have anything to do with the cosmos in any form or matter, or am i missing that there is a cod vr game or something...

Other then that, i look forward to either trying out the changes or reading on Phoot thinks about them

Yeah it took me a while to figure out why CoD wasn't running. I simply had to shut off all Vive related programs to make it work. I'm quite surprised they came out with a fix for it tbh.

• Like 1

Oke, i am getting a little bit more positive, played for a while had no strange controller issues, could play game's very well

even in lit room.

Looking up does not make the controllers go  everywhere, all in all it seems a lot more consistent . I had ZERO

freezes tracking ( that's a big improvement) . Will continue to test, but getting my hopes up again.

• Like 1