Fporter

Cosmos hmd model/hardware development

Is there a way to get access to the exterior comos headset model/cad? I would like to change the removeable facemask shape/material (between lenses and face). 

I would also like to create custom add-ons to replace the face mask with the cameras. Creating potential use in different tracking environments other than the inside-out and lighthouse tracking. Perhaps using the USB interface or if it's accessible enough the proprietary connection.

This would so be for research/personal use. Any help on the best direction to take would be helpful. Thanks

@Fporter - We generally don't release CAD files for our desktop HMD's due to the prevalence of clones devices from Asian markets.

As far as I'm aware, we do not have plans to allow developers to have access to the IO connector that drives the faceplates - it's a proprietary connector. If this is for personal usage, it will unfortunatly likely fall fall below the requirements for it to be feasible for us to devote engineering resources to partner with you That said, the Cosmos has an onboard USB-C port that you can use for general IO and modification.

I'd recommend PM'ing me if you'd like to share more details about what you're trying to accomplish in both scenarios so I can give you a more specific answer or try to connect you with other resources within HTC. Depending on your specific scenario - we can NDA if required.