My "right" controller loses tracking at higher speeds (Standard HTC Vive)

So, I wanna start of by saying its not a specific controller doing this, it's the one that gets assigned by SteamVR to be my right hand in game.

I (try to) play competively in a game called Beat Saber which requirres a lot of sharp, Quick movements. But my "right" controller just doesn't wanna deal with the fast parts, it either just drifts away, or stops in mid air completely.

I don't have any mirrors or anything in my room, my game is running lowest settings, no custom res, controllers + headset should be updated.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows about this issue and how to solve it, since I feel it's currently holding me back from progressing in the game.

Hmm.. The fact it's not a specific controller doing this leads me to think it's your environmental / surrounding factor.

Try the following:

- Make sure both your base stations have a green light. Make sure each is in a different channel. B & C

- You mentioned there are no mirrors already. Make sure you're not also playing in direct sunlight as that also affects the tracking (E.G. Next to a window with sunlight shining directly on your right controller play area)

- Make sure controllers are charged.

- Flip your room setup to the opposite direction as you currently have it and try playing the experience. Can you confirm if your right controller is experiencing this issue or will it now be your left controller? This will help us narrow the possible factors in your issue. 

- If possible, try setting up in another space and see if you're having the same issue. Again, this is to confirm if this is due to an environmental / surrounding issue. 

• 6 months later...

Did you ever solve this? I'm getting the exact same issue. I have literally tried everything. (even getting new controllers). This makes absolutely 0 sense. I had already done everything in the comment above before seeing this and no matter what its always my right controller.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, same issue here.

No reflecting surfaces, no sunlight, normal light, no naked walls, ...

Every Toubleshooting tried, such as starting controller again, starting game again, scanning room again.

At starting the Vive everything works, but after a few minutes of playing "Synth Riders" both controllers start to be tracked bad. one keeps hanging at my hips, one is tracked 0,5m away from my hand and its changing. its tracked again and then not. playing games with this "wild tracked hands" is absolutely impossible  ;_;

Greetings from germany and sorry if my english isn't that good to understand  ;)

2 hours ago, Bloodigy said:

Yeah, same issue here.

No reflecting surfaces, no sunlight, normal light, no naked walls, ...

Every Toubleshooting tried, such as starting controller again, starting game again, scanning room again.

At starting the Vive everything works, but after a few minutes of playing "Synth Riders" both controllers start to be tracked bad. one keeps hanging at my hips, one is tracked 0,5m away from my hand and its changing. its tracked again and then not. playing games with this "wild tracked hands" is absolutely impossible  ;_;

Greetings from germany and sorry if my english isn't that good to understand  😉

Your English is just fine my friend, Hope we can get some help on this, I have ordered the Valve knuckle controllers out of desperation. but still hope there comes a solution. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...