Should I get the Vive Pro?

jawlingomes

I have the money for it and a top end pc to run it, but is it worth it? I don't have a vive right now but I have tried my friend's vive many times so I will be getting the full set of 2.0 stuff. I've heard the vive Pro can at times break immersion due to certain textures not meant to be seen like 2d backdrops not noticeable without the increased resolution. That and even with my 1080ti and i7 I've heard the pro can still be very demanding with detailed games, should I stick to the Vive and get a good monitor then wait for the next vive, or go big and get the pro? I've had many arguments with myself about this.

I have the vive pro.

Due to increased resolution, objects at a distance are clearer, enhancing immersion. This also helps with aiming in games like Pavlov.

Screed door effect practically non-existent. 

It's easy to put on and comfortable to wear due to halo adjustment mechanism.  

Attached headphones, volume control and mic on/off button all help too.

It's OLED, many newer HMDs are going LCD. I assume you're familiar with the difference?

Best games compatibility just now, particularly with respect to controls.

Vive pro is flagship technology,  you get what you pay for. You buy this and it will last you a few years before you need to think about upgrading.

It also depends on how seriously you're going to take you're new hobby and how much time you intend to spend in the virtual world?

Are you going to use it for gaming, experiences, working out, socializing (Pokerstars VR great for this) or watching videos?

I was in your position before I purchased vive pro five months ago. What makes the decision so difficult is you have not experienced the enjoyment of the best VR available, so one tends to fall back on the financially safe option.

If I was offered a partial refund to get the standard vive - no chance!

On 11/16/2019 at 3:22 AM, jawlingomes said:

I have the money for it and a top end pc to run it, but is it worth it? I don't have a vive right now but I have tried my friend's vive many times so I will be getting the full set of 2.0 stuff. I've heard the vive Pro can at times break immersion due to certain textures not meant to be seen like 2d backdrops not noticeable without the increased resolution. That and even with my 1080ti and i7 I've heard the pro can still be very demanding with detailed games, should I stick to the Vive and get a good monitor then wait for the next vive, or go big and get the pro? I've had many arguments with myself about this.reverse phone lookupnba reddit pcpartpicker  

issue got sovled!