Question about EyeData

Assc

Hello.

I want to calculate the gaze point in Unreal Engine. I have some questions about EyeData.
(I'm using Unreal Engine 4.22.3, SRanipal_Runtime 1.1.2.0, SRanipalSDK 1.1.0.1)

1. Shouldn't gaze_origin_mm be used to calculate the gaze point? Why EyeFocusSample doesn't use gaze_origin_mm?

2. Is eye_data_validata_bit_mask a value that is set a bit corresponding to SingleEyeDataValidity? For example, if only gaze_origin_mm and gaze_direction_normalized are valid, eye_data_validata_bit_mask is ((1<<SINGLE_EYE_DATA_GAZE_ORIGIN_VALIDITY) | (1<<SINGLE_EYE_DATA_GAZE_DIRECTION_VALIDITY))? (SingleEyeData::GetValidity() seems to be wrong.)

3. The convergence_distance_validity seems to be always FALSE. Is convergence_distance_mm supported now?

Thank you.

@Corvus @Daniel_Y

Hi @Assc:

(#1) The data `gaze_origin_mm` represents to your eye location and the origin point is in the middle of your HMD. So if you want to know which point you are looking at, you should use the data: `gaze_direction_normalized`

(#2) Assume both SINGLE_EYE_DATA_GAZE_ORIGIN_VALIDITY and SINGLE_EYE_DATA_GAZE_DIRECTION_VALIDITY are valid, others are invalid. The `eye_data_validata_bit_mask` will be 3 (decimal integer). So the GetValidity() function will offset according to given parameter to check it's validity.

(#3) We are not support `convergence_distance_mm` now.

Regards,

Jason

@VIVE_Jason_Lu

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your answer.

I woud like to make sure whether I understand correctly:
I would like to know which point I am looking at so I intend to require an answer for the point calculated, using both the data `gaze_origin_mm` and data `gaze_direction_normalized`.
Is my think correct or Is there other way?

Thank you.