Cosmos Public release - 1.0.8.1

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.8.1 – Release Notes

Released November 15th 2019   

[Vive Console]  

• Disabled USB power saving by default, which can improve the experience on Vive Wireless Adapter. 
  • Added the ability for users to set Origin as the default home environment. 
  • Users will now be notified when there’s a software update, with a link to the release notes. 
  • Updated language strings for French and Spanish. 
  • Adjusted the behavior of ViveVR startup, now will no longer launch automatically on boot. 

[OOBE & Room Setup]  

• Fixed an issue where the initial setup was erroneously blocked by certain anti-virus applications. 
  • Fixed a bug that did not allow the setup guide to be resumed. 
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Room Setup to crash. 
  • Fixed DPI scaling of icons on high DPI 4K screens. 
  • Added a pop-up dialog to remind users to pair the controllers before performing Room Setup. 
  • Fine-tuned the boundary system and anti-aliasing to improve visual quality. 
  • Updated Japanese and Czech strings in Room Setup. 

[Lens]  

• Updated Viveport Infinity icon on the Overview and Viveport pages. 
  • Updated the download icon for content to now show the download progress directly on the app tile. 
  • Updated strings for German, Spanish, Finish, French, and Polish. 
  • Fixed an issue where the default minimum boundary transparency wasn’t aligned with the settings option. 
  • Fixed a bug where the loading scene does not close when content is ready to play. 
  • Fixed a bug where an extra pointer would appear during the loading scene while content is being run. 

Hi @eneienei,

Thanks for the question! This public update was to improve the experience in the VIVE Console, Lens, OOBE & Room setup. This specific update doesn't address controller and HMD tracking, however, I can assure you this in the works in our next couple of updates. The exact date for that is still TBD, but I'll personally tag you to inform you when it is available. Thank you for your patience!

Steve

Finally got around to trying out v1.0.8.1 today, and unfortunately I didn't get very far.

The headset briefly picked up my room and started tracking... for about 15 seconds. Then an error I've never seen before said "there are not enough features infront of you, please look around to improve tracking." Tracking was completely lost and my hands were floating freely. I looked around and it never regained tracking. I tried room setup, which quickly "read" the room and tried to have me position the floor. This is where I got stuck again... I couldn't set the floor level and the "no features infront of you" error remained.

I'll try again tomorrow with the sun shining through the windows, but I've had it work mostly tolerably in very similar conditions before (two lights on in my living room at night)... first time I've had this much of an issue with tracking in "low" lighting conditions.

With this update I cannot set the boundary transparency to exactly zero (it was possible in the last firmware). Sometimes I just want to quickly disable the chaperone in some seated games or video player app. Now I have to go through the whole room setup again in order to change to seated play mode. And I need to re-setup the play area again after that. This is disappointing. I don't understand how hard would that be - just let us decide whether to turn on or off the chaperone quickly in the menu.

3 hours ago, lamyipming said:

With this update I cannot set the boundary transparency to exactly zero (it was possible in the last firmware). Sometimes I just want to quickly disable the chaperone in some seated games or video player app. Now I have to go through the whole room setup again in order to change to seated play mode. And I need to re-setup the play area again after that. This is disappointing. I don't understand how hard would that be - just let us decide whether to turn on or off the chaperone quickly in the menu.

Just posted exact same thing in the beta channel for this update. Sorry, didn't see this. I second it though!

Just my opinion but I think that once a beta version is final then the Beta thread should either be closed, or combined, with any final release version thread.  I think that this will help ensure that info is still out there and help reduce double posts.

@eneienei - Following up on my personal note, there was a recent beta update v1.0.8.3 that has minor tracking improvements. You can give that a shot and let us know your feedback. Otherwise, hang tight for the public release version as it gets polished. Date for public release version is TBD.

Thanks,

Steve

On 11/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, stvnxu said:

Hi @eneienei,

Thanks for the question! This public update was to improve the experience in the VIVE Console, Lens, OOBE & Room setup. This specific update doesn't address controller and HMD tracking, however, I can assure you this in the works in our next couple of updates. The exact date for that is still TBD, but I'll personally tag you to inform you when it is available. Thank you for your patience!

Steve

Ahhh?!! Totally ruined it.  I would’ve replied to the question, when is the next update (cause yeah.. that’s a scheduled thing) 

“and tell me next update time”   
answer: 1400 pst x-D

• Like 1