How are the data of time stamp and frame measured?

Dear HTC support team,

In relation to the time information of eye tracking device, would it be possible for you to share the eye tracker latency of HTC VIVE Pro Eye tracking device?

Of the parameters that can be measured by VIVE Pro Eye, we have "timestamp" as described in the manual. Could you please explain what exactly this "timestamp" means? Specifically, I would like to know whether "timestamp" is the time exactly when eye movements are measured by the sensor. Or is the "timestamp" the time when the data of eye movements are stored on a laptop or an application? Or anything else?

Thank you very much for the information you could provide.

Best regards,
imarin18

image.png

@Corvus @Daniel_Y @zzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear @alwyuyang

No I have not got any response to the question. However, I suppose that the following document from Tobii might help us understand, though I am not sure about the mechanism of HTC VIVE Pro Eye.

https://www.tobiipro.com/siteassets/tobii-pro/learn-and-support/design/eye-tracker-timing-performance/tobii-eye-tracking-timing.pdf?v=1.0

Best regards,

imarin18

On 2/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, imarin18 said:

Dear @alwyuyang

No I have not got any response to the question. However, I suppose that the following document from Tobii might help us understand, though I am not sure about the mechanism of HTC VIVE Pro Eye.

https://www.tobiipro.com/siteassets/tobii-pro/learn-and-support/design/eye-tracker-timing-performance/tobii-eye-tracking-timing.pdf?v=1.0

Best regards,

imarin18

Thank you. It works for me. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, Daniel_Y said:

Thanks for your feedback. We noticed this issue and will be addressed in the next release.

Dear @Daniel_Y,

I updated SR Runtime version to SRanipal Runtime (1.3.2.0) and checked this issue. I measured the same parameters as before, thought it seems that the device outputs different pupil data, whereas the time stamp is same. Please refer to the attached my data.

image.png.4dc631fe521572edf5d8b0dd9f8c2080.png

Could you please share the update regarding this issue?

Best regards,

imarin18

On 4/7/2022 at 6:56 PM, imarin18 said:

Dear  @HackPerception

Have you ever seen the following issue before?

I updated SR Runtime version to SRanipal Runtime (1.3.2.0) and checked this issue. I measured the same parameters as before, thought it seems that the device outputs different pupil data, whereas the time stamp is same. Please refer to the attached my data.

image.png.4dc631fe521572edf5d8b0dd9f8c2080.png

Could you please share the update regarding this issue?

Best regards,

imarin18