Regarding preorder Viveport Infinity code

T

Omg, I haven't redeemed mine yet as I wanted all the issues to clear first. HTC, what are you going to do about this? You should be thanking people who preorder rather than shooting them in the foot with this stuff. I assume then I currently will only get 6 months? And when will that expire to even less?

Really poor. What if someone ordered this as a Xmas present?

All,

I understand there is some confusion on this so hopefully this will help clarify.

If you purchased during the pre-order but missed the redemption period for the 1 year, the inbox code will unlock the current promotion, which is 6 months currently. Go ahead and redeem this and follow the instructions below for getting the remaining period of your subscription.

Please get in touch with our escalation team by emailing THIS ADDRESS with the following information:

Your Name and Location (EU, North America, etc):

A screenshot of your Viveport Account ID from this site (you will need to sign in using the account you use your Viveport service with and that you used to redeem the previous code)  https://account.htcvive.com/troubleshooting :

Proof of Purchase for your Cosmos purchase

The team will confirm what you have redeemed and your eligibility for the Cosmos Pre-Order 1 year Infinity promotion and provide you with a separate code to complete the remaining full year period.

@Dickytwo Please follow the instructions above and the escalation team will get you sorted. @Fink same for you.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, jagibson said:

All,

I understand there is some confusion on this so hopefully this will help clarify.

If you purchased during the pre-order but missed the redemption period for the 1 year, the inbox code will unlock the current promotion, which is 6 months currently. Go ahead and redeem this and follow the instructions below for getting the remaining period of your subscription.

Please get in touch with our escalation team by emailing THIS ADDRESS with the following information:

Your Name and Location (EU, North America, etc):

A screenshot of your Viveport Account ID from this site (you will need to sign in using the account you use your Viveport service with and that you used to redeem the previous code)  https://account.htcvive.com/troubleshooting :

Proof of Purchase for your Cosmos purchase

The team will confirm what you have redeemed and your eligibility for the Cosmos Pre-Order 1 year Infinity promotion and provide you with a separate code to complete the remaining full year period.

@Dickytwo Please follow the instructions above and the escalation team will get you sorted. @Fink same for you.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

John

Thanks for the update.

As for confusion, well your right, there is confusion regarding these offers but it is not confusion on the part of your customers, it comes from conflicting messages from HTC I'm sorry to have to say to you.

After I posted here I contacted HTC online support and asked them about it and they told me that because I pre-ordered it my offer was still for one year "the expiry date on the inside of the box was 31/12/2019"" there was no mention of a "redemption period" for pre-orders by the online support person and it certainly wasn't printed on the inside of the box nor did I see it advertised anywhere and certainly not prior to purchasing the device. 

Here is that part of the chat for your perusal:

(12:57:21 AM) Greg: this is for the Cosmos
(12:57:30 AM) Carla S.: Thank you for the clarification. For the pre-order it is exclusive for 1 year since the pre-order is done we change it to 6 months.

(12:57:58 AM) Greg: So if i redeem my offer now it is still one year I hope?
(12:58:20 AM) Greg: it was a preorder
(12:58:30 AM) Carla S.: That is correct.

It seems that HTC changed the offer to 6 months after the release date and of course how can a customer redeem their pre-order if they did not receive their device until after the release date? I received mine two weeks after (even though it was a pre-order) It seems that we were not given any chance to do so nor were we informed so we could make any choices prior to purchase.

So please clarify which instruction I will have to follow now and (which one will be successful without having to jump through further hurdles) has authority to redeem the promissory offer that was part of the marketing for this device, your's or online support?  I will attempt to follow that.

Thank you.

fink. AKA Greg

@jagibson

• Like 1