Regarding preorder Viveport Infinity code

T

I see on reddit that someone redeemed his preorder Viveport Infinity code and it gave him 6 months instead of 12. The explanation from support was that the code is valid only for what the website is advertizing at the time of activation and after 11/05/2019, they were advertizing 6 months.

I too haven't activated my code yet and instead wait until controllers are more functional or the lighthouse addon comes out. Is what the reddit post claims true? And if it's true what happens if the Vive site starts giving 1-2 months of Infinity or none at all? Will my code be downgraded too? What's the meaning of the 12/21/2019 expiration date if the product can change or vanish until that date?

@T

The code that comes in the box unlocks whatever promotion is running at that moment in time.  Each promotion does have an expiration date as new promotions are enabled.  If you sit on the inbox code you run the risk of promotions changing.  The 12/21 date in the card of the box is the expiration of the master unlock code of the box, not the promotion that is being run.

@jagibson

Don't you think that this detail should have been plastered with the code instead of the pretty much useless 12/2021 expiration date. If people knew that their code had around 1 month before it was halved, then they would have activated their code. Did you advertize it in any way or was it a surprise secret rule?

And based on what you tell me, there might come a time when this code doesn't activate anything if the site doesn't run a promotion. In that case could you justify that I have an unexpired code that doesn't offer anything?

I can't even understand how you think this is acceptable.

The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth and just turned me completelly away from Infinity. Congrats, your promotion made me not want to use your service.

• Like 1

@jagibson 

I have a question.

I have two HMDs, one is the Cosmos and the other is the Samsung Odyssey.  Prior to receiving the Cosmos I took up the two month "free" offer for Viveport for the Samsung which used my credit card as part of the process (even though it was free) can I also use my 1 year free pre-order promotion code for the Cosmos at the same time, because they will both use the same credit card number, or do I have to wait until the first offer for the Samsung has expired?

@Fink

If you read the reddit post, another one is in a similar position like you. Payed for 1 month and redeemed the code last Friday and got six months. So if you have a promo code you can only get 6 months at the moment.

Or are you asking if you can already redeem the code before the 2 months are gone to avoid your 6 months code turning to something smaller?

@Fink

As long as you apply your redemption code to the same account it will just extend the available "free" time on that account if that makes sense.

@T  Nobody is trying to deceive you.  The redemption dates were provided on our Cosmos pre-order and Vive Infinity promotion pages during the pre-order.  I will contact you via PM with some additional questions.

@jagibson 

Yes I noticed that even though I have only used the Samsung offer it works for both HMDs.

So if I were to redeem the Cosmos offer today would that add 12 months to the 3 weeks that I have left on the Samsung giving me 12 months and three weeks total or if not, should I wait until the three weeks have expired first and then use the Cosmos code to get the full use of both offers?

Sorry about all the questions but it is a little unclear unless you ask.

Thanks