Lone echo screen very dark

chtan

@C.T.
@stvnxu

But it seems this isn't a "Revive only" problem.
The titles mentioned in the following thread
seem all to be from Viveport, at least the ones mentioned by @Fink but I guess also the titles mentioned by @bulgaro80.

So I would really appreciate if you just test the program code for Viveport and Steam aswell.

Edited by A-Jey

Hi A-Jey, 

I am already downloading the games (Reiko's fragment, Sinister Hollywood) to take a look at it. I hope, I will not got scared by these games. 😉
Wondering if there is a wrong color correction, too. Let me check it, I am still running the test build from C.T.. I can check, if there is any difference.

I'll let you know. 

Best regards
Clark

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Fink said:

Hi @C.T.

I just tried it and it works beautifully 🙂 well done and thanks for the fix.

Is this fix just for revive games or is it across the board?

Cheers!

Fink.

@Fink

Have you also tried the Viveport games you mentioned in the other thread?

Hi guys, 

I have tested both games. This was a hell of torture for me even without sound. This is kinda hardcore horror. Scared the shit out of me, man. (Reiko's Fragment, Sinister Halloween, Both from Viveport). The Test-Build nothing changed here. But I have to say, it should't change anything, because for me the colormapping and gamma are totally fine. 

Sure there are some dark areas, but these are meant to be dark. I have already compared it with my oled TV. Looks the same. This is kind of an example, where we would benefit from an oled screen for a better immersive contrast in black levels. 

So, I am pretty sure, in this case everything is fine. I tried so many games so far. (Steam, Viveport, Revive) I haven't found any wrong color mapping in a game provided by Steam or Viveport.

Best regards
Clark

Edited by Clark_HH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @A-Jey

I'm working at the moment (supposed to be) but i did manage to just jump into "Prose" which still looks pretty dark but it is a outside night scene under the stars so it maybe  intentional to look like that, I won't know until I can try a indoor scene maybe later tonight, that is why i asked the question about the scope of the "fix". I'm just happy Lone Echo works as I paid full price for it 🙂

Fink

• Like 1

I found that Westworld Awakening (SteamVR store) looks fantastic with both my Oculus Rift cv1 and Vive Pro oled headsets.  Because of the poor blacks and contrast in dark areas it has been unplayable with my Cosmos.  Then I found the in-game graphics setting included a Gamma slider.  I moved this from 50 (default) to 75 and wow, the Cosmos now looks much better (bit blacker blacks and much better contrast).  Actually almost as good as my oled headsets now.  Hopefully, in the future, more game developers with include Gamma settings in their games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

I found that Westworld Awakening (SteamVR store) looks fantastic with both my Oculus Rift cv1 and Vive Pro oled headsets.  Because of the poor blacks and contrast in dark areas it has been unplayable with my Cosmos.  Then I found the in-game graphics setting included a Gamma slider.  I moved this from 50 (default) to 75 and wow, the Cosmos now looks much better (bit blacker blacks and much better contrast).  Actually almost as good as my oled headsets now.  Hopefully, in the future, more game developers with include Gamma settings in their games.

Maybe it's possible to implement such a slider into Lens menu aswell...
I mean they just released a fix which changes the Gamma of the Revive titles extremely, why not adding 3 general sliders for gamma, brightness and contrast...

@C.T.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1