Short Extension - Vive

SonilGomes

Hi Folks,

Currently have my computer in my computer room with my Vive in my VR room with a pass through on the wall to connect my headset. The cords have always been long enough and I’ve had no issues. Recently I’ve moved my computer to the opposite end of my desk and now the HDMI and the USB are about 3 ft too short to reach my computer. What’s the best solution to extending these cables? I’ve read people are using powered cables but that’s usually for much longer extensions ? (25ft extra) Can I get away with just a regular extender for these cords?

@SonilGomes - Extensions are super hit and miss so we don't offer official advice as we wouldn't want to recommend that you go and spend $$$ something only to not have it work. There is a fairly comprehensive community-sourced list of cables here - this is the best resource there is for this kind of stuff. As you can see, some passive cables do work but mostly for shorter distances. 

Note that Pro/Cosmos (or any other DP1.2+ HMD) don't lend themselves to extensions due to the specifications and limitations of the Displayport standard.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, SonilGomes said:

Hi Folks,

Currently have my computer in my computer room with my Vive in my VR room with a pass through on the wall to connect my headset. The cords have always been long enough and I’ve had no issues. Recently I’ve moved my computer to the opposite end of my desk and now the HDMI and the USB are about 3 ft too short to reach my computer. What’s the best solution to extending these cables? I’ve read people are using powered cables but that’s usually for much longer extensions ? (25ft extra) Can I get away with just a regular extender for these cords?https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

issue gt solved