The calibration result is strange.

Hi guys,

I have the very same problem since two days ago (could not light up the blue "test dots" with my eyes, have to guide my gaze more downwards to hit the aimed dot), chatted with the support and can you provide some information.

What I have tried out and could not solve the issue:

- updating (SteamVR, Sranipal, NVIDIA Graphic driver)

- running SteamVR in a beta version

- also the hardware is not the problem: tried another Vive Pro Eye headset (on the same computer) and it was the same problem (interestingly also same "gaze shift")

- then I have tried to run the calibration on another computer - same problem

- technical support also checked the hardware and couldn't find anything. Literally they gave up after almost 5 hours of support. 

- I have also checked if the eye tracker tracks precisely although the "calibration test" doesn't work - good news, it seems that the eye tracker works fine nevertheless.

So, we came to the conclusion that it could be a software problem since the last SteamVR update a couple of days ago but not influence the tracking itself.

Hi

In addition to the above, I also tried a few.

・ SRanipal upgrade and downgrade

・ Reinstall SteamVR and SRanipal

Doing these things did not cure the calibration screen, so I think the SteamVR update is probably the problem.
However, I don't know how to downgrade SteamVR, so I can't try it.

I am having the same problem now.  Today, I had to move my Vive Pro eye to another computer that did not have Steam yet, and when I got steam on this PC, it started updating. The eye calibration is completely off (the light in the dots do not appear when you look at the dots, after calibration), as they did on the first computer, with a version of steam that has probably not updated yet.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hello
We are a research institute of the
Polytechnic University of Valencia in Spain, and we have 4 helmets with eyetracker. After the last update the eyetracker has become unusable.
We have tried using previous versions of SR_Runtime, but the result has been the same (or not working, with version 1.0.0 for example)
In the case of being able to calibrate, the data given by the eyetracker is erroneous. It seems as if an erroneous calibration offset always makes them look up.
We urgently need a solution for this problem. Or the possibility of reverting to an earlier version of the software.

Regards

1 hour ago, i3b said:

Hello
We are a research institute of the
Polytechnic University of Valencia in Spain, and we have 4 helmets with eyetracker. After the last update the eyetracker has become unusable.
We have tried using previous versions of SR_Runtime, but the result has been the same (or not working, with version 1.0.0 for example)
In the case of being able to calibrate, the data given by the eyetracker is erroneous. It seems as if an erroneous calibration offset always makes them look up.
We urgently need a solution for this problem. Or the possibility of reverting to an earlier version of the software.

Regards

Hope you don't mind me asking if you have checked the tracking during your experiment? When we checked it in our application, it seemed to record the eye movement precisely.