Room Scale VR/AR integration of real world objects

okocha1337

Hello,

i want to make a Scene with the combination of AR and VR. SRworks works fine for me but I have the Problem that I cant place the virtual objects in the Right Location of the real world. Ist hard to find the Right coordinates and I have the Feeling that the Unity Scene and ist Location Change sometime randomly and moves out of place. For example I would like to replace a real wall with a virtual wall to have a smooth Transition between the Worlds. or the Ground should be where the real Ground is. 

Can someone help me?

@Daniel_Y @reneeclchen

A simpler way,

1. Perform 3D reconstruction like this video first and save the scanned result as OBJ.

2. Reload the OBJ into you scene.

3. Through SRWorks Unity API, ex: GetAllHorizontal(Vertical) / GetLargestHorizontal(Vertical) / GetColliderWithProperties( property array )to get your desired collider property for your virtual object placement.

1.jpg.5a2937d78e8f740cf3e21d96e24187bb.jpg

2.png.689b2209b4b94507fafcac38e162a10a.png

4. Or, you could even perform 3D Semantic Segmentation like this video to find wall or floor. A Sample code provided in Experience_Unity > Assets > ViveSR_Experience > Scenes\Sample9 – Semantic Segmentation.

3.png.64a88cc02cbcb2c08a1e7e9efde2a776.png

• Like 1