OMG, I Ordered a Cosmos Wireless Kit Today!

TomCgcmfc

On 11/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, joellipenta said:

Strange. I pre-ordered the Cosmos but never saw anything about the wireless adapter. I've been patiently waiting because the cord is starting to get on my nerves haha

Hey, I ordered my cosmos through amazon, it came back with other hits for the wireless mounting bracket for the other vive units.  I noted on the HTC site that they have (or will have) a wireless cosmos adapter. 
Scroll a ways down to find the “wireless” info. https://www.vive.com/us/product/cosmos/6E6E5D58-4854-4D3E-B909-4A769B9AF2E6.thumb.png.de09f3f9e35f7f8cfff9a5989cd6c6cb.png

It may not be available at this time but I can say that there were product images and technical descriptions available for the unit. 

Edited by darkmattermonkey77
Typographical error.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lamyipming said:

I feel like the controller tracking is little bit lagging behind my movement after I switch to wireless. 

Playing beatsaber 360 with wireless is great, but the game is noticeably less "responsive" now.

Anyone experience the same problem?

I have not noticed any lagging but wireless certainly does use up a few extra CPU resources.  So, if you have a weak CPU (I have an i9 9900k) then your performance may be effected.  I've also heard that going into your Cosmos wireless setting and changing your mode from 1 (default) to 2 can help.  Maybe refer to the Wireless manual for more troubleshooting tips and also maybe contact Vive support for more help.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 1:56 AM, Sago36 said:

I have the 10000 and it lasts around 1.5 hours, similar to the HTC for me. Not tried the 20000 but it will work and should last potentially double that with the bigger sized battery.

I have the 20000 (Price is € 45,99) and it works, too. Runtime up to 4 hours, depending on application. This is the model:

Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 (Model A1278)

IMG_20191221_112936.jpg

• Like 2