OMG, I Ordered a Cosmos Wireless Kit Today!

TomCgcmfc

28 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Yes but it probably will not work as well as a proper QC3.0 charger imho.  Maybe do a bit of Googling to see the diff.

yep ! But why HTC doesn’t he supply the charger ? we won’t ask ourselves that kind of question!

Edited by NRip
  • Like 1

Hi All. I've only been getting a little over 1 hour, maybe 1.5 hours on my Cosmos with the wireless adapter and the 21w battery. I queried this with HTC and they asked me to send the battery back to be checked. I'll hopefully ship it tomorrow. At the moment they are not selling just the battery (21w) so I ordered another Cosmos attachment kit which has the battery as well as the cables. Should be here soon. It will be interesting to see if that gives the same play time?

• Like 1

Update as already mentioned in beta 1.0.8.1 thread but just to keep this together with this wireless thread;

Actually, low light with wireless now seems a lot better with 1.0.8.1.   I did get one low light warning but this disappeared pretty fast and did not seem to effect the quality of my visuals = still very good.  Maybe the power saving disable option that appeared with this update (and I enabled) helped.

Aside #1;  Just for fun I tried using the 18W battery that came with the old wireless kit.  Fully charged (4x green lights, not blue like the 21W) I got ~30-45 minutes of runtime before it stopped working properly = blank headset screen.  So, not completely useless and at least I can still use this to charge things like my iPhone,. Once I get my new (kinda expensive because I needed to buy another Cosmos adapter kit) 21W battery I should be fine with hot swaps.

Aside # 2; I found wrapping the headset/wireless cable one turn around the headband behind the left earphone helped get rid of the rear slack.  I used the little Velcro strap that came with the very long wireless battery lead to help keep this in place and I have not noticed any problems or noticed any discomfort. 

Aside# 3;  I found using the Link Box USB cable (L1, which you do not need once you go wireless btw)) to connect to the wireless battery works very well.  It is a lot shorter but still reaches my front shirt pocket or right pant belt no problem.  It also seems to be a better quality lead so maybe it is a bit more efficient, but I don't really know for sure.  A lot better than the long thin wireless battery lead imho.  I also like not having to use the Cosmos link Box and power adapter.  Makes for a nicer, cleaner installation and frees up one DP port on your GPU.

1 hour ago, stvnxu said:

@joellipenta - Yes! The individual SKU for the battery is in the pipeline. They haven't shared with me when that'll release yet (I asked last week). I can update this thread and tag you when I hear of its availability.

Thanks, @stvnxu! I look forward to it. Here's hoping it's before the holidays so I can ask Santa 😄 

• Like 1