OMG, I Ordered a Cosmos Wireless Kit Today!

TomCgcmfc

On 11/12/2019 at 2:22 AM, TomCgcmfc said:

Sorry but I find this pretty hard to believe mate.  Even Vive pro users do not get this kind of battery life and the older lighthouse stations headsets take a lot less wireless power to operate.  Maybe you got a Super-Battery, lol!

Hi @TomCgcmfc

I feel irony in your words, and i want to explain my actions :

i I spent two hours to configure PCars2, 'i played only 10mn, the default of center view is critical, every time can i play, the screen slipped or left or right, I understood that it was necessary to launch the game with the head in front of the screen to have a Chance to have a centered screen, and again it didn’t work all time. I I had to do it again a room setup several times.

But i confirm with this actions my battery pack lasted 2 hours.

Please @HTC resolve this issue as soon as possible !

My config :

1. MOBO 7270 PRO GAMING M5
  2. I7 6700K
  3. 16GB Ram
  4. SSD 1To
  5. RTX 2060
  6. T500RS + Paddle + Gear

• Like 1

@NRip , ya of course you will use a lot less battery during setups vs actual full bore sim racing so it will be interesting to see how much battery life you get then.  Please let us know, thanks mate.

I'm sure your current Pc is capable of decent VR racing sims but you may want to consider upgrading to a i7-9700k and RTX 2080s sometime in the future, esp. with the wireless adapter because I've found it does tend to use a far amount of CPU resources.

I finally broke down today and ordered another Cosmos QC3.0 21W battery.  I had to order another Cosmos adapter kit to get it so $A 119 all up shipped.  Probably the worlds most expensive headset battery, lol!  Oh well, it's only money eh.  I also bought a proper QC3.0 18W wall charger.  So now I will at least be able to fast swap these.

@TomCgcmfc,

Keep us posted on how that fast swap experience is. Were you able to test the QC3.0 wall charger? Did full charge time decrease significantly?

@NRip,

Ah sorry about the frustration you're dealing with! I completely understand your situation and totally hear you. As I've shared with others who expressed the same request, this is on engineering team's radar and I will update you as soon as I hear more from them. Thank you for your patience!!

Steve

Ok, with my new QC3.0 wall charger I charger my Cosmos 21W battery that was one light showing when I last looked at it so it could have been anything between 11-25% charged, probably something in the middle.  It took just under 3 hours to fully recharge.  So, quite a but faster then my good old 5v/2a smartphone wall charger. I'll haver to see whether or not I get better runtimes with this charger.  Stay tuned, lol!

8 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Ok, with my new QC3.0 wall charger I charger my Cosmos 21W battery that was one light showing when I last looked at it so it could have been anything between 11-25% charged, probably something in the middle.  It took just under 3 hours to fully recharge.  So, quite a but faster then my good old 5v/2a smartphone wall charger. I'll haver to see whether or not I get better runtimes with this charger.  Stay tuned, lol!

hi @TomCgcmfc

Full charged 3hrs with a samsung travel adapter

image.thumb.jpeg.6f9238375c025fe450b2c234c18109f1.jpeg

• Like 1