IPD Popup

A-Jey

Hi,

on fast headmovement I sometimes get the IPD popup displayed because the IPD changes by maybe 0,2 mm.
If you're on a game like Beat Saber that means an immediately destroyed game  as the popup stays for some seconds.

Please add an option to deactivate the popup in lense menu or better said maybe let us add a deadzone and/or deadtime.
Then I would be able to let the menu only popup when I move the slider by 0,5 or even more than 1mm or only if I constantly move the slider for more than a second for example.

Thanks.

• Like 2

@A-Jey

I have not noticed this happening but I do find that the ipd calibrate popup is a little finicky to actually popup when I do want to adjust it.  I agree that it may be better to have a separate calibrate ipd item within the Lense settings menu.  Sort of like it is with my Oculus Rift cv1.

• Like 1

The mentioned move over of IPD menu into lense menu should be the easiest way to get this done for both of us.
So the menu just jumps in if you click the button for it and then it keeps being displayed until you close it with an x-button.
That would also give a lot of more time to finetune and get the exact sweetspot.

• Like 2

Hey @A-Jey,

menu just jumps in if you click the button for it and then it keeps being displayed until you close it with an x-button. That would also give a lot of more time to finetune and get the exact sweetspot."

This is a really great suggestion... letting the users take the time to adjust IPD w/o constantly moving the dial just to keep the menu open can be a struggle.  I think one pushback is dedicating a button for just IPD alone. Nonetheless, confirming with you that I've made a note to our engineering team about the couple of alternatives you've listed for the IPD menu.

Thanks,
Steve

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...