Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.7.1

C.T.

• 3 weeks later...

HI, 

I bought the cosmos on preorder.  I got it.    tryed it in my basement  about once every 2 week but  it was completely unplayable.  I almost puke 5 time. everytime I turned my head it was somehow sluggish headset  lost tracking...  I kept playing on my vive 2016 instead.      on beta 1.07  I was able to play only game that you dont turn your head...    but I kept hope. 

today I dit few thing differently.   just install beta 1.08.   then I  tried to wrap a piece of paper around each of my light bulb to have a more diffuse lightning.  

wow   I was able to play for real.  and for the first time I did not regret buying the cosmos.   even if it was a paper weight for to long.  

I might report again if something go wrong. but I played arizona sunshine for about 30 minute flawlesly   🙂  🙂 🙂 🙂 

very happy     the update and finding a way to make the light more diffuse was the thing to do.    

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jegra45 said:

HI, 

I bought the cosmos on preorder.  I got it.    tryed it in my basement  about once every 2 week but  it was completely unplayable.  I almost puke 5 time. everytime I turned my head it was somehow sluggish headset  lost tracking...  I kept playing on my vive 2016 instead.      on beta 1.07  I was able to play only game that you dont turn your head...    but I kept hope. 

today I dit few thing differently.   just install beta 1.08.   then I  tried to wrap a piece of paper around each of my light bulb to have a more diffuse lightning.  

wow   I was able to play for real.  and for the first time I did not regret buying the cosmos.   even if it was a paper weight for to long.  

I might report again if something go wrong. but I played arizona sunshine for about 30 minute flawlesly   🙂  🙂 🙂 🙂 

very happy     the update and finding a way to make the light more diffuse was the thing to do.    

will ferrell yes GIF 

We love it when our customers are happy! Please do keep us updated if you encounter any issues and we will work to get it resolved in future updates. Feel free to continue sharing the positive feedback! Thanks for your patience and support.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:43 PM, A-Jey said:

Small preview on my stuff I send with the issue report...

Look the two pictures.

One is from my smartphone, the other from headset...
In my opinion the main problem is an overexposure on bright conditions by the headset.

Smartphone.png

Vive Cosmos.png

@stvnxu

So today I got the answer from Jack:

"we have got a feedback from the concerned department that Cosmos doesn't work well in bright areas, as you can see in the Videos provided the controllers are trying to track. However, it's too bright and the cameras lose the controller when moving through the bright areas.

Kindly make sure that the area should not be too bright more than usual and please check with the room light and check if the issue will be the same or not."

---

This answer is an unacceptable joke.

In the pictures above you see how a smartphone cam shows the brighter area.

It looks normal there.

And then you see what the Headset does:
extreme overexposure.

For me the answer sounds like a cheap excuse from the responsible department, sorry to say that.

And also I know that it looses tracking there...
I made the video to show the tracking problems and also wrote about the overexposure...

I'm really disappointed from that and I'm thinking of NOT spending my precious time to make more videos whe the answer may:
"Sorry, but the controller are made to be hold only in this angle to be tracked alright, you must follow this rule when playing Beat Saber".

Edited by A-Jey