Sign in to follow this  
okocha1337

Is it possible to combine SRWorks with Vive Hand Tracking?

I try to use SRWorks with the Hand Tracking but it doesnt work out. The Hands doesnt Show up. Has someone ever used it?

Thank you 🙂

Hi @okocha1337

I tested locally on my computer and SRWorks and Vive Hand Tracking can work together.

Here is my configuration: GTX 1070, Unity 2017.4.16f1, SRWorks v0.8.0.2, Vive Hand Tracking v0.8.2

Here is the step to setup the project:

1. Follow the steps here to setup graphics card driver and SteamVR.
  2. Create new 3D project in Unity.
  3. Import both SDKs
  4. Open "Assets/ViveSR/Scenes/Sample/Sample.unity" scene, and accept all the steps prompted.
  5. In the scene, add GestureProvider script to the Camera with MainCamera tag. This should be the "[ViveSR]/DualCamera (head)/Camera (eye offset)/Camera (eye)" GameObject.
  6. Add LeftHandRenderer and RightHandRenderer prefab to the scene from "Assets/ViveHandTracking/Prefab" folder.
  7. Play in Unity.

Some notes:

1. Please first make sure if you see your hands detected using "Assets/ViveHandTracking/Sample/Sample.unity" scene.
  2. For the first time running on each machine, Vive Hand Tracking may take 20-30 seconds for setup. So your hands are not shown immediately after you clicked play. You can wait for some time and see if your hand is shown.
  3. Please share your configuration so we can help to identify the problem you encounter.
  • Like 2