Annabell

Vive.SR.Eye.SingleEyeData: gaze_direction_normalized

Gaze.png.8da735828c565f376b6c44283d41abe3.thumb.png.dd938c0513896895e573375124d4e90b.png

Data Structure Vive.SR.Eye.SingleEyeData:

• ulong eye_data_validata_bit_mask
  • float eye_openness
  • Unity.Engine.Vector3 gaze_direction_normalized
  • Unity.Engine.Vector3 gaze_origin_mm
  • float pupil diameter_mm
  • Unity.Engine.Vector2 pupil_position_in_sensor_area

Theoretically it should be possible to get the focused point by calculating the intersection point of the linear equation of each eye (left and right) using gaze_direction_normalized and gaze_origin_mm. 

When debugging the data, I recognized that the vector gaze_direction_normalized is the same for each eye, which doesn't make any sense. Do you have any explanations why this is so? did I misunderstood something during the calculation of the focused point?

Debugged Values:

Combined                   Left                           Right

gaze_direction_normalized     (0.0, -0.1, 1.0)          (0.0, -0.1, 1.0)          (0.0, -0.1, 1.0)    

gaze_origin_mm                       (3.0, 5.4, -44.3)        (32.4, 5.3, -44.3)       (-28,6, 5.6, -44.2) 

@Daniel_Y @Corvus

Your debugger might be rounding your floats when representing a Vector3. I know Unity does this. 🙂

Expand the struct and look at the individual values and I believe you will see that they are not the same.

@Annabell