Does any 3.5mm headset work with vive?

shin777

I really don't like headphone that comes with vive. It just falls off.. well.. maybe it's because of my ear shape. All these little headphone just comes right off. I want to get decent headset under $50. Does any 3.5mm headset work with vive? I would be happy if it's similar to oculus rift cv1 built in headset style. Ones that completely covers up my ear kinda gives me wierd feeling on my left ear so I prefer to have regular cheap looking one yet decent quality.

oh.. btw.. I see swirl mark on my vive lense. Is this normal? while I don't see light bulb effect like oculus rift cv1, I see this swirl mark on lense when I move my eye balls in vive. It's better than light bulb effect but well.. still annoying. lol. screendoor effect and sharpness of screen seems about same as oculus rift cv1 though. 

Anyway, I am enjoying vive experience. I bought thrill of boxing and it's fun as hell. haha.. once they release wireless adopter next year, it will be even more awsome.

Hey . Yes. It's a standard 3.5mm jack. No special dongles for us. ;)

I use an old set of JVC 'DJ style' headphones myself. A lot of people prefer earbuds.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'swirl' mark on the lense... don't forget you can adjust both the distance of the headset from your face, and the IPD as well. Here's a couple of our tutorial videos on that...

I see.. I was playing thrill of boxing and earbud was keep coming off whenever I move too fast.. was very annoying. I pulled wire and put in behind head hold band and now it's better but it just isn't comfortable putting bud inside my ear.  I prefer to have oculus rift cv1 built in headphone but well.. it's not an option here. I am just worried headphone fall out of my head when I move very fast up and down, left to right. haha..

Archived