Room Orientation for Cosmos

Nemmy1234

• 1 month later...

Hi @Nemmy1234,

Apologies on the late response here. This slipped past me during launch week. I know I'm over a month late in responding to this, but still want to at least make sure we respond here. No one gets left behind!

The current process to re-orient the room layout on the Cosmos is to do this during the Room Setup. During the setup process, make sure to face the direction of where you'd like to face when playing your experiences and that direction will be your forward orientation. We've received multiple reports / request for a button or faster process and I've submitted to our internal team for review. I'll update you when I hear more on this.

Thank you,
STeve

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to open another thread for exactly the same topic.

Just tested the forward direction feature and didn't find myself. My goal is to orient my play area so that fit with the orientation of the virtual environment I'm testing on

image.thumb.png.a4ce75b3013d0fd2eb03e30babe4ee78.png

Trying to set different forward directions I didn't find my virtual world oriented in a way that match the play area I traced in my room. The orientation seems to change but didn't fit the direction I set. I'm using this feature in the wrong way? The 3d engine need to support this re-orientation? How is supposed to work?

Edited by davide445

12 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

Are you doing this in room setup or through Lens?

I'm doing this trough the lens. Starting inside the VR environment I open the Vive software control in the lens, and try to set the room orientation in the same direction of the VR environment I use. But the result is never aligned, and using trial and error I wan't able to make that happen, seems to be rotated but never in the direction I want. Using latest beta software.

Edited by davide445

Just now, davide445 said:

I'm doing this trough the lens. Starting inside the VR environment I open the Vive software control in the lens, and try to set the room orientation in the same direction of the VR environment I use. But the result is never aligned, and using trial and error I wan't able to make that happen, seems to be rotated but never in the direction I want. Using latest beta software.

Okay, thank you for this. Will submit report to our engineering team. @C.T.