Vive Cosmos - Please check your headset - Not connecting

MegaBons

19 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@Raber,

Could you verify your issue report Trace No? You should've received a trace no via email after submitting the report. What region/country are you located in?

Steve

here is the request

your collegues close it without solving the problem!!!

560534503_RequeteHTCcasquevive.JPG.b07b9f53e1d774e4420b6acb8c33bd2d.JPG

@stvnxu

@Raber

Have you tried the online customer support chat? They're much quicker and responsive there. https://www.vive.com/fr/support/contactus Nonetheless, I will still try to support you here as well 🙂

Thanks for sharing your Trace No. Can you share us what your computer / laptop specs are?

Looping in my colleague @C.T. to see what troubleshooting options there are left here since it looks like you've exhausted everything I would've suggested.

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, stvnxu said:

@Raber

Have you tried the online customer support chat? They're much quicker and responsive there. https://www.vive.com/fr/support/contactus Nonetheless, I will still try to support you here as well 🙂

Thanks for sharing your Trace No. Can you share us what your computer / laptop specs are?

Looping in my colleague @C.T. to see what troubleshooting options there are left here since it looks like you've exhausted everything I would've suggested.

Steve

yes i already tried , ther are really quicker to respond in , but very very slow to really help

i tried the headset with three differents machines 

laptop ASUS ROG 702 VI ==>  I7,+GTX 1080

Computer : I7+GTX 1080 MSI

Computer : I7+GTX 980 ASUS

every time, exacly the same issue -_-

voilà

On 12/20/2019 at 9:02 PM, stvnxu said:

Hi,

I have now lost 6 hours with this very same error.

I Had a blue screen for an unrelated error, while the headset wasn't even connected. Which forced the system to restore to a previous day. On rebooting the headset was no longer detected by SteamVR. 

I tried repairing the viveport install to no avail. Tried uninstalling everything to do with htc & vive to no avail. Did a registry clean of any htc crud to no avail.

I can't even download and install the viveport app, because it fails with the " Download Failed, Please check the network connection and try again". Obviously there is no dam network problems cause i can post here with my frustrations. $1200 and i haven't been able to properly use my headset yet. 

I've rebooted many times, tried various usb 3.1 & 3.0 ports and fully deleted anything to do with Vive from the system.

I can't get past the Download Failed prompt at the beginning of the install process.

As you can see from the attached file, there are NO Tracking drivers installed. How can i source them if the download fails from your servers.

How can I do a full reinstall from scratch with all the initial connection prompts again??

Please help..

i7 - 2700K 4 cores @ 3.7Ghz

16Gb Ram @ 2333Mhz

RTX2080 Stock clocks

Usb 3.1 Type-A & C

1.5Tb SSD's

useless HTC Vive Cosmos, brand new and unused (so far)

SteamVR-2019-12-27-PM_11_47_31.txt

@ypbrevar

Is your issue resolved now? I saw your other post the day after in this thread:

"Turns out it was residual data left behind in the. TMP folder that was stopping downloads from occurring. Took over 6 hours to work out. Once I deleted all remnants of htc & vive from this folder, i could finally download viveport & drivers successfully."

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

6hours? And you complain? I've had thus problem for 2 weeks! If I had started cussing this $900 paper weight at 6 hours my head would have exploded by now. 2 weeks and nothing more than an expensuve paper weight. Customer support? Still telling me to open ports on a firewall that I've already stated multiple times does not exist, and making exceptings on security protocols that have already been removed.

After brute forcing through weeks of failed downloading (gets to 627.5mb then restarts at 0mb, or gets to 537.4/627.5 then dropping to 87mb). After uninstalling, deleting temp files, re attempting downloads to absolutely no improvements, finally getting to a setup and now it sits on

"Installing VIVE Cosmos Elite Software and Steamvr... More than 60 minutes left"

Let it sit there for 2 days it froze once to no response force close, this time it says the same thing, progress bar at 90%, no downloading, some processor activity, and still nothimg actually happening.

2 weeks of banging my head against a rock! If this software ever does work, I'm not going to have a head left to wear the headset. And "open ports" "disable security" or "try to reinstall from scratch... AGAIN" suggestions from "customer support" are really starting to piss me off. 

• 7 months later...

Hi.

I just had a similar problem the system has been working well since day one and then suddenly I got the "headset not detected" error, red light on the HMD etc. It hung for a while  so I powered it off and on restart I told me that there was a failed firmware update (I didn't do or accept any) it must have tried to do a update of some sort in the background but I was on the beta and there is no new update? I tried everything I could for a week including reinstalling everything and reverting to a earlier Windows restore point before the issue all of which didn't do anything and then them dammed thing just started working one morning when I booted it up to get some info for @C.T.  who kindly offered to look into the issue.

At this stage I was back on the Public version of the software. When I loaded the Beta software it still works perfectly but asks me to to load a new update every time I turn load the console but of course there is no new update so I just say no and it continues on. We'll see what happens when there is actually a new version of the software if I can access it or not but it works for now using the basic Cosmos, the Elite faceplate and also Wireless.

I honestly don't know what caused it but one clue was when ran the setup it couldn't detect my USB 3.X ports and I have 4 on this machine it said to work correctly I had to connect to USB 3.X and it also couldn't detect the video port at all. The device manager showed that they were all working.  Speculation is useless without data but it does indicate why the software couldn't find the HMD just not why it couldn't detect the ports, maybe a Windows or Steam update or a corrupt registry entry who knows. All I can say is that I'm glad it wasn't a cable or other hardware error which I was starting to think it was so all I can say it keep trying and it might untangle itself.

Regards Fink.