Vive Cosmos tracking and No Man's Sky

Dahvis

Got my cosmos working kind of. Well lit room during the day constantly gets too dark to track message but everything is still tracking well. Is there a way to just shut the message off? NMS not working with controllers. No matter what buttons I push. Steam Vr works and recognizes controllers but shows old vive controllers in Vr. Haven't had a chance to try more games yet. 

@Dahvis - Thanks for your message. Yes, the message is intended as a recommendation to optimize your tracking. It isn't to say your tracking won't work. Our team will be pushing a public software update soon to address this notification. Currently there are updates on our BETA mode if you want to test. You can find the instructions here to enable BETA:

https://www.vive.com/us/support/cosmos/category_howto/joining-the-beta-program.html

Regarding No man's sky, Cosmos controllers are currently not supported by the developer. You can check to see if the Steam community has uploaded any custom bindings that manually mapped to the new controllers.

SteamVR Dashboard> Devices > Controller Settings > No Man's Sky > Community Binding 

We are working on a solution for this. I'll provide updates here when it is completed 🙂

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks for your support and patience.

@Dahvis No problem thanks for your support and patience!

If you'd like to contribute to improve the lighting and tracking issue, you can submit a report through your VIVE Console. Your software logs will be collected and the engineering team will be able to leverage it and make improvements in the next updates. Here's our recent blog that addresses tracking.

Here are the steps to submit a report:

- Under the Settings of VIVE Console, go to “Troubleshooting” and click “REPORT” button. Fill in your email then submit a brief 1-3 sentence description of your issue. Please provide me your Trace No. at the end.

image.png.e912ee947f530e2d29b0e2753239a092.png

image.png.36c624225aa5a04113f442ad84d41b23.png

image.png.cbec7fbb6fcfc486917112bf77b97cde.png