210 The compositor is disconnected. error

Parac x

HI all. 

I upgraded from originale vive to cosmos. but do get this message nomather what i do... first i thought the head sett was broken. i do not get any picture in the head sett. 

so i changed it in for a new one. but i still have the same problem. 

210 The compositor is disconnected. Restart VIVE Console to fix this. Restart VIVE Console.

tryed everything. but cant figer out whats wrong.. somebody please help!.  

regards Kim from norway. 

Edited by Parac x
  • Like 1

I have the same exact issue. Audio and controllers work, display doesn't. HTC Support had me completely remove the device, reinstall the software & drivers, and then remove and re-attach the faceplate. None of it fixed the lack of display. The screen flashes black a few times, and I get the 210 compositor error. Very disappointed since this is my first VR headset and HTC can't seem to make it work.

• Like 1

@Parac x & @Ed F My apologies on the issues you're experiencing. Let me attempt to help you address this here. Could you submit a report through Vive Console? This will collect your SW logs and I'll pass it over to engineering team to identify a solution:

Here are the steps to submit a report:

- Under the Settings of VIVE Console, go to “Troubleshooting” and click “REPORT” button. Fill in your email then submit a brief 1-3 sentence description of your issue. Please provide me your Trace No. at the end.

image.png.da8bb638ea21a15fc66313bc5fddadee.png

image.png.5b75114d23ea5c2a51b92b2ca3727c8c.png

image.png.02d667a8e2d4dde4fabaa5ac2b838b6c.png

9 hours ago, Ed F said:

I have the same exact issue. Audio and controllers work, display doesn't. HTC Support had me completely remove the device, reinstall the software & drivers, and then remove and re-attach the faceplate. None of it fixed the lack of display. The screen flashes black a few times, and I get the 210 compositor error. Very disappointed since this is my first VR headset and HTC can't seem to make it work.

@Ed F

Could you provide your computer / laptop specs?

What display cable are you using that's connecting between your computing unit and the link box? 

4 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@Ed F

Trace 20191008105812

Could you provide your computer / laptop specs?

See attached dxdiag.txt

What display cable are you using that's connecting between your computing unit and the link box? 

I am using only the cables provided by HTC with my link box.

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 1:22 PM, colamiffy said:

I have the same problem. But it was happened I had run the game for an hour, and after that I keep having this problem and cannot turn on the cosmos now.  

Already make the report, Trace No. 20191014031646. Is that I will receive reply in the email? Very disapoinnted that I cannot play those game I just download. 

@colamiffy,

Thanks for making the report and sorry for the issue you're experiencing. Let's help you fix this.

Could you answer the following:

1. Could you share us your computer/laptop specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, make/model)? 
  2. Could you try checking if you're connecting your DisplayPort directly into your graphics card DP port? 

If you're using an Nvidia graphics card, you can check physx settings in the Nvidia control panel to show which ports are phsyically associated with the gpu. Then try to see if you can connect your DisplayPort cable to that port.

?name=inline-1632309791.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue i have a gtx 770 i have a display port for my graphics card but whenever i plug the display port plug in with the vive cosmos into the computer display port it never shows that it is plugged in on the physX configuration but my monitor does say its plugged in. 

I've tried everything to the steam help and your guys's thing even looking up why its not detecting anything in the display port. 

@stvnxu

Hi @ChanGu3,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies on the issue you're experiencing! My immediate concern here is your graphic cards not meeting the minimum specs of the Cosmos which is a GTX 970:  https://www.vive.com/us/product/vive-cosmos/features/

This may be the reason you're having issues. The only thing I'm not entirely sure is if that's what's causing the undetectable DP. Make sure the linkbox is turned on by pressing the blue button (green light indicator).

If you have time, could you download this and share us your result?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

Thanks,

Steve