210 The compositor is disconnected. error

Parac x

Hey guys

I'm having the same problem, error 210 compositor was disconnected.

I've tried power cycling everything, deleting and reinstalling usb drivers, deleting and reinstalling graphics drivers, unplugging monitors, moving the usb to every 3.0 slot I have, turning off the option for windows to power down usb hubs, connecting cords in different sequences, updating bios and vbios, updating firmware on my GPU and headset, deleting and reinstalling steam, steam vr, and vive programs, tried installing them all in different hdd and ssd's, trying beta versions of the vive software. I feel like I've missed a few things, I've been trying to get it running for about 12 hours now. Not sure what else to do, steam vr checker says my setup is in the green for performance 

My specs are

Vive cosmos

I7 2700k

16gb corsair vengeance ddr3

Asus sabertooth z77 mobo

Evga sc 780ti

I know my GPU is old but its listed as compatible on the cosmos page

Also submitted a ticket through the vive software TN:20191229032539

Any help anyone has would be seriously appreciated 

I have the same problem error 210, in the setup it doesn't find display port, i am using a Dell G3 gaming laptop it's has got a USB-C port with i have bought a microsoft USB-C Displayport adaptor, i have also tried a display port to USB-C cable bought on Amazon. I do get the screen coming up on the cosmos but it upside down but cant't do a room setup, Christmas present for my son new laptop and cosmos ready to crack up here and my son it going mental please help. I have sent a log there but forgot to take note of number. I have attached dxdiag file with spec.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunderbolt-Displayport-Converter-MacBook-ChromeBook-White/dp/B07LBPH7G3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=thunderbolt+usb+type+c+to+mini+displayport&qid=1577651369&sr=8-3

geforce.png

@stvnxu

DxDiag.txt

20 hours ago, Jdog100 said:

I have the same problem error 210, in the setup it doesn't find display port, i am using a Dell G3 gaming laptop it's has got a USB-C port with i have bought a microsoft USB-C Displayport adaptor, i have also tried a display port to USB-C cable bought on Amazon. I do get the screen coming up on the cosmos but it upside down but cant't do a room setup, Christmas present for my son new laptop and cosmos ready to crack up here and my son it going mental please help. I have sent a log there but forgot to take note of number. I have attached dxdiag file with spec.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thunderbolt-Displayport-Converter-MacBook-ChromeBook-White/dp/B07LBPH7G3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=thunderbolt+usb+type+c+to+mini+displayport&qid=1577651369&sr=8-3

geforce.png

@stvnxu

DxDiag.txt 161.48 kB · 2 downloads

Hi there,

I'm afraid your laptop may not be suitable for VR with below 2 facts. 

1. 1650 is just a hair below the minimal requirement.

2. From the screenshot provided above -> the USB-C (DP) is coming from Intel, not 1650. It's even less powerful as 1650. 

Cheers,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok for those of you who have had the error 210 issue and have come back to this thread, here is what I have done to solve the issue. It is a permissions bug for the vr software. The solution is to go to the Viveconsole.exe>Right click> Properties and under the Security tab change the permissions for the current user and or Administrator to have All access (Full control: Check, Modify: Check, Read & Execute: Check, Read: Check, Write: Check) Everything listed in Parenthesis needs to be checked to prevent the software from crashing due to hidden limits that are not noticeable. I did the same thing in the Steam VR bin/x64 folder for the vrcompositor.exe as well. After doing all this I had ZERO issues for a full 4 hours in VR Chat. The headset also did not give ANY ERRORS whatsoever. I hope those who have pulled their hair out from frustration find this helpful.