Cosmos - playing existing vive games

schwaBAM

@schwaBAM - The Cosmos is a SteamVR powered HMD and so it will be able to launch any application that has the SteamVR/OpenVR support - which by default will include all Vive/Vive Pro titles. The only potential support issue you may encounter is titles not having optimized Cosmos controller bindings. We're working with the developer community to ensure as many titles as possible have native binding files at launch and if you happen upon a title that doesn't have native controller support, SteamVR has remapping tools you can use to achieve a suitable mapping. You may notice in some apps that you'll see a Vive wand rendered rather than the controller - those types of assets are harder for developers to update and require more patching but they're aesthetic issues and shouldn't impact game play.

If you're coming from an OG Vive, you may also notice on some older games that the texture resolution looks low on the higher resolution displays of current gen pMDs.

• 2 weeks later...

When I go into the steam controller remapping settings it says it can't find any controllers.. and that is while the Cosmos controllers are bright and tracked.

Can you please give more details on exactly how to do this in case I have found the wrong menus?

Followed whatever clues I could find on google but an officially recommended and documented approach would be fantastic.

Thanks!

@VibrantNebula

On 9/27/2019 at 3:18 AM, VibrantNebula said:

@schwaBAM - The Cosmos is a SteamVR powered HMD and so it will be able to launch any application that has the SteamVR/OpenVR support - which by default will include all Vive/Vive Pro titles. The only potential support issue you may encounter is titles not having optimized Cosmos controller bindings. We're working with the developer community to ensure as many titles as possible have native binding files at launch and if you happen upon a title that doesn't have native controller support, SteamVR has remapping tools you can use to achieve a suitable mapping. You may notice in some apps that you'll see a Vive wand rendered rather than the controller - those types of assets are harder for developers to update and require more patching but they're aesthetic issues and shouldn't impact game play.

If you're coming from an OG Vive, you may also notice on some older games that the texture resolution looks low on the higher resolution displays of current gen pMDs.

I have noticed that, I thought it was a tad strange considering the Cosmos has an 88% higher resolution than the OG Vive, I'm hopeful this will eventually get remedied 😀