Base Station on suction cups?

azpiazu

A new update on this. After using the cups all weekend without them falling, I have moved them to another place. In this case they are attached to a wood door and window shutter. I put more than 4 Kg in coins hanging from them and they are still there.

So it's safe to say that using suction cups it's good. I don't know how long can they be used, but I think I will keep them there for a couple of weeks, and then remove, clean and attach them again. I will anyway remove the stations from them when I'm not playing for a long time (just in case...).

• 4 months later...

I used a product called 3M Command which 3M claim will not damage the paint.

It's a self-adhesive tape similar to velcro.  The medium size can support up to 7kg I think and cost £3.99 for a pack, one pack did both sensors.   They've been on the walls for almost a week and haven't budged.

I haven't tried removing them to see if they pull the paint off, in case they don't stick twice.

• 1 month later...

Suction cups sound like a bad idea to me.

The motor in the lighthouse vibrates a little, and if its not firmly secured, then you might have problems. I dont know if there are suctioncups that sit firm enough, but I doubt it.

Archived