dipankerJuego

Vive Focus Hand Tracking

Hi

I am using Hand Tracking in Vive Focus with Wave VR SDK. I am running example scene HandModel and Sample from Vive Hand Tracking. In sample scene I am only getting two dots for my Left and Right Hand, there is no Skeleton view for hand. And nothing shows in HandModel scene. Its there any setting to run Skeleton or model of hand for Vive Focus device please help on this.

Thank You

@zzy

Hi @dipankerJuego

Skeleton mode is currently not supported on Vive Focus and Android phone. We plan to add support in future release. For now, each hand only have a 3D position and gesture classification on these platforms.

Hi @MDV Games

Not in current 0.8.2 version. We are still testing and improving performance internally. We plan to release it by the end of this year.

2 minutes ago, zzy said:

Hi @MDV Games

Not in current 0.8.2 version. We are still testing and improving performance internally. We plan to release it by the end of this year.

Ok. Thanks for your reply. 

Any update on this for the Vive Focus Plus? Looking to implement hand tracking on Focus for VR classroom app. Not able to get the current version to build for Wave SDK... assume it has not been implemented in release? Unity2018-2019 neither want to work on build to Android?

@zzy

Hi @UPSImmersiveLab

The status for Vive Focus and Vive Focus Plus are same, support for skeleton mode is planned to release by the end of this year.

The current version (v0.8.2) supports gesture and 3D point detection on Focus and Focus plus. If you encounter problems about building with WaveVR SDK, please create a new post with the error you encountered, so we can help you to solve it.

The supported WaveVR version is 2.1.8 or newer. If you are working with Unity, I would recommend you to use LTS versions (2017.4 or 2018.4), since they are more stable. We do support 2019, but newer version after plugin release may have some features that break the plugin.