Viveport Arcade: Operator FAQs

Rockjaw

Some publishers will talk to you, some won't. Before bothering them, check the Discussion, and their website, because someone's already likely asked them about it, or they have placed the commercial pricing on their website. I'll try to stay away from most of the Steam commercial pricing because most of it is ridiculous, a $8.99 game commercial pricing for $39.99 *CYBERPONG* .

CE version of Vive .. it has a different EULA/T+C that excludes commercial use, so that's not a viable avenue.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another point of view.. we are VR evangelists for VIVE headsets and VR games.. yes, we are making a profit allowing people to play their games, however the players may go home and buy a VIVE and/or that cool game they had fun playing at our establishment. The publishers should pay US, or provide the games at a discount, as we're helping them reach a wider audience than they're able to get on their own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears the Viveport Arcade is finally "live" for North America .. https://arcade.viveport.com/landing .. I couldn't find the actual values for the points purchases and game per-minute-costs without first creating the account and installing the ACM software. Once done, I could see the base purchase price for points works out to $100 for 20,000 points. Small bonuses are given for larger points purchases but there appears to be a restriction per-day for points or dollars purchased and spent.

Most all of the games I'd looked at in the past or purchased via STEAM for myself were 1,000 points per hour = $.083333 USD/minute  = $5 USD/hr. That seems to be the default value - Overkill VR, Arizona Sunshine, Panzer Panic, "Spacecats with Lasers VR" and "Volumetric Oscilloscope" were all the same price. This is better than the previous pricing I'd seen but I'm probably going to use a small selection of games I curate and get them from Steam Cafe and other licensing arrangements .. I don't see the client co-existing with the other VR arcade clients out there like SynthesisVR or the others. I'm assuming games I've licensed like Space Pirate Trainer can't be added to the client menu if they aren't available in the Viveport Arcade?

Oh yes, one more thing .. PLEASE add a SEARCH button in the ACM server interface? If I'm looking for a specific game (and I usually am!) I should be able to search it instead of paging through 599 available VR games .. the categories like "Multiplayer" aren't necessarily accurate and would lead me to believe Panzer Panic doesn't exist in Viveport Arcade .. it's not listed as multiplayer, though it certainly is (in the STEAM version at least!).

• 3 weeks later...

Per the Section below, how do we go about integrating games unavailable in Viveport Arcade? Space Pirate Trainer is a must have especially with the new full release. 

I have direct deals with certain developers or want to pursue deals independently, how does that affect using Viveport Arcade?

Viveport Arcade is meant as efficient solution for both operators and developers to mitigate having to independently negotiate hundreds of deals and to establish a transparent payment and reporting system for both sides. If in certain cases there are pre-existing arrangements between operator and developer, we respect those partnerships and an operator may simply choose to not select that specific title from the Viveport Arcade portfolio if also available. Viveport Arcade will not be responsible for the deal terms made independently of the Viveport Arcade program; however, we will work with the operator to ensure integration if using the platform UI. If there is a title not apparent on the available titles, operators may inquire directly to the Viveport Arcade team for potential support in securing the title.

Hi ,

We understand how important this is and it is nearly the top of our priority list. At this stage of the beta, we're currently focused on ensuring stability and performance of Viveport titles. We are looking forward to expanding the client to be able to work with external content within the next few months once we finish fully flushing out the integration methodology. I can confirm that it is a feature slated on our near-future roadmap given how critical it is to operator flexibility. 

• 1 month later...

Archived