Room effect preset

PiskeBoBo

Hi, I just download VIVE 3DSP SDK unity plugin and tried to use it , I have a question about Room Effect Preset.

When I choosing "User Define" on  "Room Reverb Preset", the Room component appear "Room Surface Material" for choosing and two items for  adjustment : "Reflection Level" and "Reverb Level", I was confused the relationship between surface material and reflection level,  it means that different wall material setting has the same reflection level and reverb level?

And I was also wonder that what's the different between "Reflection Level" and "Reflection Rate"? 

Thanks!

@AAAudiooo @Professor 3DSound

Hi PiskeBoBo,

As the document described, the room effect is dominated by two effects: early reflection and late reverberation. Both are influenced by the room size, room shape, and the material of walls of the room. If the room is able to be defined properly, the options of material of walls and the parameters for adjusting the output of early reflection and late reverberation should be provided. They are independent factors but all would influence the room effect.

As described in the VIVE 3DSP document, the reflection level sets the volume level of the reflection. It is applied on all resulting signals of the reflection effect; The reflection rate is the parameter of sound reflection ability of the wall. It is applied on only the specific reflection of the specific wall.

Hope that this explanation answers your questions. If not, feel free to ask any questions you have.

Best regards,

Prof. 3D Sound

• Like 1