Setup problems in UE4

Willow

Hi,

I tried to follow the steps to set up the Hand Tracking SDK(V.0.8.1) in UE4(4.20).  I copied the plugins into 3rd party folder and copied the Unreal Project Plugin.zip into the project folder (a C++ Empty project). Then I rebuild the project and reopen the project.

I can enable the Hand Tracking SDK plugins but the problems are that I cannot see any samples, there wasn't any source code appear in directories under my project. Did I do something wrong?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

( - tag added by moderator)

wrote:

Hi,Willow.

Have you check Show Plugin Content in the lower right corner of content browser?

oh... I don't know there is an option...new to UE4 too...

It solve my problem, thank you for your time!

• 3 weeks later...

@zzy, @Keate

Hi, guys.

Would you please clarify, how to set up correctly to work the Hand Tracking SDK and WaveVR Plugin (for Vive Focus)?

I copied all the necessary plugins into their own folders (ViveHandTracking and WVR). What's next?

My application don't run on Vive Focus when I export to apk (android). I've tried to add a Pawn to my scene, but nothing is working.

What I'm missing?

25 minutes ago, MDV Games said:

@zzy, @Keate

Hi, guys.

Would you please clarify, how to set up correctly to work the Hand Tracking SDK and WaveVR Plugin (for Vive Focus)?

I copied all the necessary plugins into their own folders (ViveHandTracking and WVR). What's next?

My application don't run on Vive Focus when I export to apk (android). I've tried to add a Pawn to my scene, but nothing is working.

What I'm missing?

Hi, have you set up project settings for android? I would recommend you use WaveVR project settings.

Then,check a boolean variable named useWVR in ViveHandTracking.build.cs has been set to true, so that the correct library would been copied into apk.

22 hours ago, Keate said:

Hi, have you set up project settings for android? I would recommend you use WaveVR project settings.

Then,check a boolean variable named useWVR in ViveHandTracking.build.cs has been set to true, so that the correct library would been copied into apk.

@Keate

I finally figured it out. I exported an APK and my application run on Vive Focus. But there is another problem.

I see and control only one point instead of the whole hand. I.e. 3D points and joints don't returned for detected hands.

What am I doing wrong?