Supersampling

Brightonuk

I followed the tutorial on the web to supersample steam and am currenty set at 2.5 my issue is there is a jerkyness to the images they is not smooth when tracking

As I am running a Nivida 1880 graphics and ani7-4790K I would not think this setting should cause any issues on the contrary  I was hoping for a marked improvement over the native resoution  setting of 1.5.

Do I need to overclock the GPU 

Others will disagree but I think 2.5 is way to high. I have a more powerful rig than you and I stick to 1.3 sometimes 1.4 - both of those setting I can walk away and forget about them. I don't know where you got 1.5 from as being the standard

...of course you may know more than me and 1.5 is the standard setting. I did read before there was an argument that it was 1.4 and then it seemed to me mostly settled on 1.0 as standard - you may be right! - either way 2.5 is to high IMO! :)

• 2 months later...

I've just tried SS and started with high expectations with 2.5. I believe I saw improved resolution, but there was a lot of jerkiness at times. Though not all the time! It seemed to be jerky when the apps were loading and for a little while after. But it seemed from there on I could use the app and move around with only an occasional glitch. I had to drop the number down to 1.5 to remove most of the bad effect at starting the app and even then I still got some, but they weren't enough to upset me.

I am running with a nVidia 980 card so I shouldn't expect much. But the fact I saw improvements in the visuals gives me hope, where I am often a little frustrated at the slight blur I see.

I am shortly getting an Alienware laptop with an nVidia 1070 card, specifially for VR. So I'm hoping I can run SS on that and see an improvement.

Archived