vive tracker not connecting

Church

Hello so i use 3 vive trackers for full body tracking in vr and for some reason only 2 connect and 1 refuses and its not a specific tracker for exampl i can have the waist and left foot active but the right does not connect. then i have the left and right foot connected and the waist refuses to connect. and all 3 are paird on steam any possible solution?

Let's unpair everything first and reconnect it.

In order to connect and isolate multiple controllers, the system will pair the controllers with a unique identifier and will link this information to the tracking system. When one or both controllers are having pairing issues, releasing these settings will allow you to pair both controllers without interfering registries.

1. On the PC, browse to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\tools\lighthouse\bin\win32
  2. Run exe
  3. Type unpairall in the console window and then hit enter.
  4. Once finished, the console window will display two identifiers as confirmation.
  5. Close the console and restart SteamVR.
  6. Attempt to pair the controllers again.

Thanks,
-Jack S

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to leave this comment somewhere because pairing Vive Trackers can be a nightmare.

I had lots of problem pairing a single tracker on a specific PC and headset (I have several PC+Vive setups, and the tracker would pair just fine on all of them, except one).

This procedure allowed me to pair the tracker:

1. I unpaired all the devices using the instructions above (I cannot be sure if this was necessary or not. Maybe steps 2 and 3 would be enough).

2. I connected the Tracker via USB to the PC. This way, the tracker appears on SteamVR's detected devices.

image.png.0e901a02f5730ebe59a234d0b1ef1862.png

3. I then disconnected the USB cable from the tracker, and immediately after, I right-clicked on the tracker icon and selected "Pair Tracker"

image.png.543d9168861d17b4a0cad7444f37959a.png

And boom, it paired. I'm currently pairing the tracker with the headset, but its possible that this trick also works with the dongle.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by sergiobd
typo
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...