[UE4] Black empty window when I press "Home" button

MDV Games

Hello, guys.

Could you help with the glitch in UE4?

In my project, when I press the "Home" button on the controller, I get black empty window. Without any icons and images. What could be the problem? Maybe someone had a similar problem?

I used:
Unreal Engine 4.21.2
Vive Wave SDK 3.0.2

We also experience this in our headset, we also for some reason have distortions like white and black lines, a couple pixels in height and up to the entire width of the Vive UI. This does not occur on our own app, and only happens to the vive UI when it shows but most of the time its just black.

I have not tested this that much, although it seems to occour when I click launch in VR and launch the app through unreal engine. havent tested enough when I launch the app normally on the device.

I am however able to click on the buttons, I just cant see them. So if you remember where the buttons are they seem to be acting like normal.

I'd share a screenshot, however at this time we do not share the images from the app.

However it's quite self explanatory, the UI is completely black, the controller shows just fine. The functionality of the UI is there, you can click buttons if you guess where they should be

Edit: added screenshot with censored surroundings, hope it comes in helpfull :D

You described my situation exactly!

The UI (quick menu) is completely black, the controller shows just fine. The functionality of the UI is there, you can click buttons if you guess where they should be.

P.S. Thanks for the screenshot :)

• 1 month later...